The Student Room Group

I made a mistake in a test but got 100%?

Hi all

I know this may be awkward, but I am an honest person, so I've been wondering about this.

I'm in my final year doing Economics and I got back a quiz test we had the other day (it only counts with 4% towards the overall grade, so it's no big deal). I did everything correct except for the last question, but I got it ticked (as if it was fine) and got my 20 points (out of 20).

I feel like I don't deserve 100% with a mistake (there were 4 questions and I got half of the last one wrong) but don't want to 'lecture' and 'correct' my tutor (I know teachers hate when students are playing too smart). But on the other hand, he may as well appreciate my honesty (or think I am a total idiot).

What would you do in this situation? Are there any 'rules' about this? (it's a good uni in Scotland) Am I kind of legally obliged to report it, or once marked, case closed?

Thanks
Reply 1
I'm curious how you'd feel if that one mark ended up being the difference between a 2:1 and a first. :colone:

Original post by Lesh
Hi all

I know this may be awkward, but I am an honest person, so I've been wondering about this.

I'm in my final year doing Economics and I got back a quiz test we had the other day (it only counts with 4% towards the overall grade, so it's no big deal). I did everything correct except for the last question, but I got it ticked (as if it was fine) and got my 20 points (out of 20).

I feel like I don't deserve 100% with a mistake (there were 4 questions and I got half of the last one wrong) but don't want to 'lecture' and 'correct' my tutor (I know teachers hate when students are playing too smart). But on the other hand, he may as well appreciate my honesty (or think I am a total idiot).

What would you do in this situation? Are there any 'rules' about this? (it's a good uni in Scotland) Am I kind of legally obliged to report it, or once marked, case closed?

Thanks
Reply 2
Ah that question doesnt determine what jobs u can and cant do in the future so dont worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
case closed
Case reopened
Well I'm in year 9 so my tests arent maybe as important as yours... In yr 8 in an end of year maths exam my teacher gave me the wrong number of marks. I felt so bad that I had to go back and tell her... I have no idea what I'd do in ur situation! Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending