The Student Room Group

I'm about to write my final exams and my boyfriend basically just broke up with me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I agree, it's annoying. I mean I have a few unpopular opinions but I never write anything on here I wouldn't be happy to say in person. The general rule is if you wouldn't say it in person don't say it on here

As long as someone is honest on the forum, I don't really care if they're more reserved in real life. There is always some pressure to fit in and not say things which are socially unacceptable, but it's more tangible in real life, so I can understand someone posting more controversial things here.
Reply 41
Hahahahahahhaa
Reply 42
waiting for that concentrate on your exams prick to show up
Original post by a chinese loser
And to answer your question OP. I have also been in your position. I broke up with an ex during A2, but I decided to just focus on my exams and ignored her. I tried my best to just forget about her.
Now, you are applying to oxford etc? You should find A2 exams piss easy then because they are piss easy.

I'm doing CIE, apparently its much harder than edexcel so i'm a bit worried. And I was literally predicted an A* last year in history (never received a mark lower than an A for History) and at the end of the year I got a C. I'm worried they don't like my writing style, but I got an 87 for English Language and an A for Literature. I'm very confused. And very concerned.
Listen to some music to feel happy.
Reply 45
Original post by GabTR
... but I'm really not like this, I'm rational and responsible.

Did you give him your cherry :eek: You typically silly British girl:confused:
Original post by Maura Kat

No I didn't hahah, and I'm not British
Reply 47
Original post by Maura Kat

No, I didn't hahah.
Reply 48
Original post by GabTR
I'm doing CIE, apparently its much harder than Edexcel and the other exam boards so I'm worried.

Why do you say that? Did your teachers tell you that? Do you have any proof to support the fact that CIE is indeed harder than the other exam boards? I understand you're an international student? Why did you not choose the other exam boards? Because it would look silly scoring 10 distinctions when the papers were actually so much easier than CIE? :confused:
Original post by punchofsalt
That's funny. I'm pretty sure from what i've seen in marriages people do tend to take things out on one another unintentionally, they are not perfectly principled all the time unlike in yours. They do it because they perceive the relationship was stable and open with communication. What OP confesses to have committed was an act of passion that was not readily reciprocated, IMO.

Treating your boyfriend as an emotional tampon is not on or fair.

Communication is one thing, but a girl with the mindset that taking stress out on your partner is justifed - well I totally understanding walking away from her.

Classic case of only seeing things from her own perspective. aka being selfish.

Selfish relationships don't last.
Reply 50
If you get an offer or oxford law then you should be ok as it's only a 3 A offer, but then again I say that and it still managed to miss it lat year and end up at newcastle, so I advise finding something to focus you, like sports or gym or something and go really hard at that and then study straight after so that you don't give yourself give to wallow in self pity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bassetts
it's one post on a forum. i don't act like this in real life of course :lol:

then why post something cruel? fyi not all teenage relationships are shallow.

OP I was in your situation years ago, my advice is give yourself a bit of time to process it all. cry if you need to. then when you're ready start doing your work. if you have a deadline start your work sooner, your future is more important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait a second is Anonymous Poster 1 and the OP the same person? Maybe I'm losing the plot, but it definitely seems like it. If so, did the OP call herself fit anonymously? Again, maybe its just I haven't slept in 40 hours but I'm confused.

The posts in the middle of page 2 clearly seem to indicate so, but maybe there's an error with the site I dunno.

Anyhow, OP, sorry to hear about your situation. I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 3.5 years right before starting the most grueling phase of my life (full time internship). I deferred my entry to LSE for this internship and then right before it started, the break up happened. Try talking things through, it all seems like kind of a misunderstanding? If that doesn't work and you two are unable to get back together, focus on the big picture...you're clearly a top student applying to some of the best uni's in the nation...post break up, distracting yourself with something is crucial, make sure that's your work. I know its very difficult but you can't let your future prospects suffer due to this, no matter how much he meant to you.
Original post by abhiksetia
Wait a second is Anonymous Poster 1 and the OP the same person? Maybe I'm losing the plot, but it definitely seems like it. If so, did the OP call herself fit anonymously? Again, maybe its just I haven't slept in 40 hours but I'm confused.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Hope it's an error within the site and is fixed, and this would be quite an embarassing thing to do.
Original post by beckaroo7
I was just thinking the exact same thing. Hope it's an error within the site and is fixed, and this would be quite an embarassing thing to do.

It really would. :colone:
Oh god I pressed the anon button on that :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending