The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy Assistant Interview - Help!

Hello,

I have a Physiotherapy Assistant Interview coming and the first part of the interview is this Monday. I'm grateful to have this interview and it's the perfect job for me at the moment, as I would like to become a Physiotherapist after doing a degree and really do not want to mess this opportunity up!

Part one of the interview this Monday and it is a test on Administrative Skills, and would like to know what it will involve in?

I'm currently a receptionist at a GP, and have done Computing for GCSEs and A Levels, but I'm not sure what administrative skills they would ask for a physiotherapy assistant's position.

Any experience and advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you
Stephstar10
Reply 1
Original post by Stephstar10
Hello,

I have a Physiotherapy Assistant Interview coming and the first part of the interview is this Monday. I'm grateful to have this interview and it's the perfect job for me at the moment, as I would like to become a Physiotherapist after doing a degree and really do not want to mess this opportunity up!

Part one of the interview this Monday and it is a test on Administrative Skills, and would like to know what it will involve in?

I'm currently a receptionist at a GP, and have done Computing for GCSEs and A Levels, but I'm not sure what administrative skills they would ask for a physiotherapy assistant's position.

Any experience and advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you
Stephstar10

When I was a physio assistant the admin tasks I did were faxing, photocopying, ordering supplies, filing into medical notes, adding patient details on the computer database etc...

One of the interview questions I got asked in my last assistant job was to order some of these tasks as well as clinical ones in order of importance and justify it.

You will be fine as you must do this on a higher level in your current role!!!

Hope this helps

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Iz_pta
When I was a physio assistant the admin tasks I did were faxing, photocopying, ordering supplies, filing into medical notes, adding patient details on the computer database etc...

One of the interview questions I got asked in my last assistant job was to order some of these tasks as well as clinical ones in order of importance and justify it.

You will be fine as you must do this on a higher level in your current role!!!

Hope this helps

Good Luck :smile:

You've made me feel a lot calmer :smile: I thought there may be some sort of twist to it that I wouldn't get. I feel ready for the first part of the interview.

Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 3
You've made me feel a lot calmer :smile: I thought there may be some sort of twist to it that I wouldn't get. I feel ready for the first part of the interview.

Thank you!! :smile:

No problem! Hope you got on ok.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Iz_pta
No problem! Hope you got on ok.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help :smile:

I just got off the phone with them, and I've been called back for a second interview!! The interview is tomorrow morning. So excited but nervous at the same time. Do you have any advice on what to expect/what they may ask?

Thank you so much for before :smile:
Reply 5
I just got off the phone with them, and I've been called back for a second interview!! The interview is tomorrow morning. So excited but nervous at the same time. Do you have any advice on what to expect/what they may ask?

Thank you so much for before :smile:

Congratulations! Well done :smile:

Questions I have been asked before are: Why do you want to work here? What do you know about this trust? Why not OT? What can you bring to the team? What would you do if you saw a patient and they refused to see you as you are not qualified? (I would answer: I would explain that I am qualified enough to see them etc.. and if they were still not happy I would say that I would get a senior physio to see them instead.
They may ask you to demonstrate exercises that they have on some cards and pretend that one of the interview panel are the patient and you have to show them how to do them (Always imagine you are doing this properly on the ward e.g. introduce yourself & what you do, kneel down to their level etc..)

Make sure you show your passion and motivation to want to do it. Make sure your answers have enough detail and dont be afraid to ask them to repeat a question!

Always have a question to ask them at the end also!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Hi and congratulations on the interview!
From experience, they will want you to be able to show that you know your limits! Remember it is an assistant job and you always have to ask advice from a senior/qualified member of staff, or say...i would need to follow the policy and procedure or ask my supervisor dah dah dah!:colondollar:
Reply 7
Thank you both for your advice. Unfortunately I didn't get the job, and some of the questions they asked required quite in depth answers (such as specific muscles group). But it's been a great experience and now I know what to say for next time. Fortunately, I have another interview as a Rehabilitation Assistant for COPD, so I will use your advice and the previous interview experience and hopefully get it this time :smile:
Reply 8
Thank you both for your advice. Unfortunately I didn't get the job, and some of the questions they asked required quite in depth answers (such as specific muscles group). But it's been a great experience and now I know what to say for next time. Fortunately, I have another interview as a Rehabilitation Assistant for COPD, so I will use your advice and the previous interview experience and hopefully get it this time :smile:

Good luck for the next interview :smile:
Reply 9
Any advice for someone having a rehab assistant interview soon? I know this thread is quite old but any help would be appreciated
Alfie) I have a rehabilitation assistant interview coming up. I'm quite intrigue that they asked you about specific muscle groups. any advice on the muscle group they asked you.
Hello, I was hoping one of you can help me out.

I have an interview for a Physiotherapy assistant vacancy and I was wondering what the first part is about. Also, any more questions they might ask apart from the one that lovely person mentioned above would be very helpful.

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest