Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Invited to interview today !
Reply 22
Original post by leaozinho
Invited to interview today !

Yay, well done! :smile:
Reply 23
Got the invite :smile: Only 13 days away! :s-smilie: Need to get reading....
Reply 24
Original post by Blargh1
Got the invite :smile: Only 13 days away! :s-smilie: Need to get reading....

Congrats!
Hi!
Has anybody had an offer back for Chinese yet?
I've applied to do International Development and Chinese, and I've heard the international development department is already giving out offers, so I was thinking maybe the wait was due to Chinese(?)
Reply 26
Original post by Matt.k.Smith
Hi!
Has anybody had an offer back for Chinese yet?
I've applied to do International Development and Chinese, and I've heard the international development department is already giving out offers, so I was thinking maybe the wait was due to Chinese(?)

Which university are you applying for? I've had offers from Leeds and Nottingham and an interview from Cambridge, but nothing yet from SOAS or Edinburgh (both of which are notoriously slow!) :smile:
I've applied to SOAS for two options (development studies and Chinese AND development studies and law) and I've had offers from UEA and Manchester for development studies, I know SOAS likes to take its time but I'm a bit worried about Leeds, which is my first choice.
Reply 28
I've had my five offers back for Chinese & Spanish (I'm a linguistics fan :biggrin: ) and I've applied Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester (two courses) and Chester. As I say, I received all offers but put Manchester as my firm. Is "Chinese" a separate entity to "Chinese studies"? Less on the culture and arts and more on the language I assume? I hope so, haha, anyway, good luck everyone!
Reply 29
Original post by Matt.k.Smith
I've applied to SOAS for two options (development studies and Chinese AND development studies and law) and I've had offers from UEA and Manchester for development studies, I know SOAS likes to take its time but I'm a bit worried about Leeds, which is my first choice.

Congrats on the offers! :smile: I hope Leeds reply to you soon- like you say, it seems quite likely that the department does single honours offers first and then joint.

Original post by tomcuro
I've had my five offers back for Chinese & Spanish (I'm a linguistics fan :biggrin: ) and I've applied Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester (two courses) and Chester. As I say, I received all offers but put Manchester as my firm. Is "Chinese" a separate entity to "Chinese studies"? Less on the culture and arts and more on the language I assume? I hope so, haha, anyway, good luck everyone!

Well done! That's so good, getting all 5 so quickly, feeling a bit jealous over here :tongue: I think Chinese/Chinese Studies are quite similar in that both have a lot of language, but from what I can gather "studies" has the culture and history as well.
Reply 30
Oh I see, that's what I was hoping anyway, and I'm sure you'll get yours back soon. I guess the reason mine was so quick was because of all the Chinese language competitions I've been in, haha
Original post by tomcuro
Oh I see, that's what I was hoping anyway, and I'm sure you'll get yours back soon. I guess the reason mine was so quick was because of all the Chinese language competitions I've been in, haha

I just got my offer! I'm so happy!
Did you do Chinese GCSEs and/or A-levels?
Reply 32
Have others heard back from SOAS? Got my offer for Chinese and Linguistics on Thursday. Cambridge interview next week, although it's for Linguistics only. SOAS is probably my second choice after Cambridge.
Reply 33
Cambridge interview was fun... Got an offer from Durham though so I'm happy whatever! Only AAB as well:smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Blargh1
Cambridge interview was fun... Got an offer from Durham though so I'm happy whatever! Only AAB as well:smile:

Congrats on your Durham offer!!! Glad your Cambridge interview went well too!:biggrin:
Original post by Blargh1

Congratulations! I thought Durham might take a bit longer, now I'm going to have to check UCAS even more obsessively..
Reply 36
Original post by TheBookOwl
Which university are you applying for? I've had offers from Leeds and Nottingham and an interview from Cambridge, but nothing yet from SOAS or Edinburgh (both of which are notoriously slow!) :smile:

I see you also applied for Chinese. I got unconditional from Leeds and still nothing from SOAS. Which one you thinking of going to?
Reply 37
Original post by tsr000
I see you also applied for Chinese. I got unconditional from Leeds and still nothing from SOAS. Which one you thinking of going to?

I don't know at the moment... waiting to hear from Cambridge and SOAS because those are my #1 and #2. With the other 3 though, I don't really know. I got my offer amended to unconditional from Nottingham last week and a conditional from Leeds a month or so ago, but nothing from Edinburgh. I understand that SOAS are extremely slow, but I thought Edinburgh might be quicker :s-smilie:
I got two offers from SOAS about a week ago but nothing from Edinburgh yet! Has anybody heard anything from Edinburgh??
Reply 39
Haven't heard anything from Edinburgh either =\

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending