The Student Room Group

Failed driving test 3 times and 4th test is this week :/

First test I kinda agree with the failure because I don't think I was well prepared with some rules of the road (failed with 1 miner and 1 major which was not looking right at a mini roundabout)

Second test I had an absolutely horrifying examiner who my instructor says has never passed any of his students! He failed me with 9 random miners and 1 major being that a car had to "slam it's brakes down behind me at a junction", which I find almost impossible to believe since I was going around 5mph approaching the junction.

Third test, I had the nicest examiner ever. He made me feel completely at ease and he was lovely to drive with. However I also had the manager of the test centre in the back of the car too observing him. I'd never driven with 2 others before, but I suppose I forgot about her being there eventually. Anyway I failed with 1 miner and 1 major being that I stopped on the line at a traffic light. He said he had to fail me because it was a legal recommendation, but I feel he may have passed me if his manager wasn't there :/

Anyway, I have my fourth test coming up this week and every time I think about the test I just get a negative feeling about it because I keep failing on unlucky and abnormal situations :/

I feel really under pressure to pass because it's so financially draining and it's also disheartening. I don't want to give up but I'm terrified of even thinking about the test, let alone doing it, because all I can hear is "Unfortunately Laura you haven't passed today" all over again

Any advice or anyone in similar situation?
Reply 1
Sounds like you've had quite a rough time with your tests. You can obviously drive as you have only had 1 minor other than with the horrible examiner. I think that you get the majors due to nerves, as most people do get minors. So it's clear you can drive, I know someone who failed with one minor and one major because during a manoeuvre he went up a dropped kerb and didn't realise until the back of the car was higher on one side, instant fail at the start of his test due to the nerves and he had a nice examiner, so no matter how nice the examiner is they will have to fail you for the majors. Try and put your nerves to one side and stop thinking about if they say you fail, and if something goes wrong, focus on the next five seconds, as what you do wrong might only be a minor but the nerves may make you mess up even more. Good luck with your forth test, and don't give up.
Reply 2
Did you pass? I'm in exactly the same situation- failed 3 times but my fourth one isn't until mid December:frown:
Original post by LauraPepperland
First test I kinda agree with the failure because I don't think I was well prepared with some rules of the road (failed with 1 miner and 1 major which was not looking right at a mini roundabout)

Second test I had an absolutely horrifying examiner who my instructor says has never passed any of his students! He failed me with 9 random miners and 1 major being that a car had to "slam it's brakes down behind me at a junction", which I find almost impossible to believe since I was going around 5mph approaching the junction.

Third test, I had the nicest examiner ever. He made me feel completely at ease and he was lovely to drive with. However I also had the manager of the test centre in the back of the car too observing him. I'd never driven with 2 others before, but I suppose I forgot about her being there eventually. Anyway I failed with 1 miner and 1 major being that I stopped on the line at a traffic light. He said he had to fail me because it was a legal recommendation, but I feel he may have passed me if his manager wasn't there :/

Anyway, I have my fourth test coming up this week and every time I think about the test I just get a negative feeling about it because I keep failing on unlucky and abnormal situations :/

I feel really under pressure to pass because it's so financially draining and it's also disheartening. I don't want to give up but I'm terrified of even thinking about the test, let alone doing it, because all I can hear is "Unfortunately Laura you haven't passed today" all over again

Any advice or anyone in similar situation?

How did you do?
Original post by lipslikemorphine
How did you do?

I passed! :biggrin:
Reply 5

Aw congratulation, you must be happy! Hope I do on my fourth one too!:smile:

Well done :congrats:
Reply 7
i have my fourth one tommorrow :frown: my situation is so similar to yours i have had very few minors and one major each time,

im literally praying i pass tommorrow its at 11.11 make a wish :biggrin: x

edit: failed:frown: 3 minors one major - flipping roundabouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Roger_Rabbit
I am in a very similar situation as of now, my mum is paying for my lessons, the tests and everything, our family isn't even financially stable so im under a lot of pressure, i have already failed 3 times, my next test is in exactly 3 days, i always make minor mistakes but then i go end up making one or even 2 major mistakes, flipping sucks to be me. Im dreading the upcoming test.

Sorry about your situation, but this thread is 5 years old...

Good luck with your upcoming test though.
Wow, DON'T BUMP OLD THREADS.
I am in a very similar situation as of now, my mum is paying for my lessons, the tests and everything, our family isn't even financially stable so im under a lot of pressure, i have already failed 3 times, my next test is in exactly 3 days, i always make minor mistakes but then i go end up making one or even 2 major mistakes, flipping sucks to be me. Im dreading the upcoming test.

I can only suggest that you should give it one more attempt and if the result is failure, please don't try again - for your own safety. Most test passes these days (and in fact many years ago) are based on luck. Quite frankly, I wouldn't want you anywhere near me on the roads.
(edited 5 years ago)
jeez what does it matter if the thread is that old, just.....whatever

You managed to get some advice either way.
Bump
Original post by Lara1985
I just failed my 3rd test today I feel totally disheartened. I came here to read I'm not the only one struggling with this. I now have to basically start all over again as my provisional runs out, my theory too and trying to get a test in my area is like pulling teeth it's so hard since the lock downs iv not manged to book one from June till today. I'v sunk so much money into this now I just feel like crying especially when I don't have any issues at all with my instructor and I see rubbish drivers on the road all the time all that goes through my head is how have they managed to pass and I'm just stuck in this ridiculous loop. 😪 I guess I came here to get encouragement to not give up.

Very old thread
Reply 14
Bumping the thread again to annoy everyone

Latest