The Student Room Group

UK Visas and Immigration

Has anyone started the application for the Asylum Casework Directorate role? I have just completed the online assessments found them ok, do you reckon our applications were sifted prior to the assessment? Also does anyone know what the application process entails?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What they call the initial sift is only completed once the online tests score have been ranked. So your application form will not have been looked at untill you completed the online tests (and I imagine even then it will only be considered if your scores are say within the top 40%). This is quite similar in most civil service roles.

Usually a response regarding the next stage would be a fortnight from the closing date for the online tests.

H
Reply 2
Original post by HLEllis
What they call the initial sift is only completed once the online tests score have been ranked. So your application form will not have been looked at untill you completed the online tests (and I imagine even then it will only be considered if your scores are say within the top 40%). This is quite similar in most civil service roles.

Usually a response regarding the next stage would be a fortnight from the closing date for the online tests.

H

Thank you very much for your response, I have a confirmed interview for next week consisting of a competency based interview and written assessment have you experience of either and any tips you can give for how to prepare!
Reply 3
Asylum Casewoker-Executive Officer

Hi, I completed the tests on the 29th of October? Are the replies regarding interviews out already?

Many Thanks
Reply 4
My closing date was the 29th after I was required to re-take the verbal reasoning due to data loss was yours the same? My understanding is that you will receive either a positive or negative response regarding interview so I assume the results are staggered. Interviews begin next Wednesday so you should hear before then :smile:

Regards
Reply 5
Thanks very much for your reply. Yes my closing date was the 29th as well and I was also asked to retake the verbal tests due to data loss. I completed the test on the 29th itself though. Hope to hear about the outcome soon.
Good luck with your interview.
Best Wishes:smile:
Reply 6
Yeah I re-took my online tests on the 27th so that may explain why I have heard earlier. I really like the sound of the position which area did you apply for?
Reply 7
Thanks again for your reply. I applied for positions in Croydon, Hounslow and London Bridge.
Do you reckon all the replies should be out by Wednesday? Thanks
Reply 8
I would assume so interviews run until the 14th so you should hear before then however they could have a second cycle depending on the amount of applicants. Either way I've applied for London as well so good luck and if you want any advice after I complete my interview don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Regards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have any experience of competency based interviews with the Civil Service (or at all for that matter!)? My Asylum Caseworker interview is booked for Friday afternoon in Cardiff and I'm trying to prepare examples for the core competencies, but I'm a little anxious about the interviews structure. Will they be simply asking us to explain a situation where we have demonstrated our compatibility with an explicitly stated competency (e.g. 'building capability for all'), or do they rephrase a competency into a specific question which requires us to devise a new example on our feet?

Cheers.
Reply 10
Thank you, that's truly very kind of you, I shall keep you updated. Just one last question if you don't mind me asking, when did they notify you? Was it on Friday via email? Take Care and all the best with preparing for the interview.:smile::smile:
Original post by Alice2728
Thank you, that's truly very kind of you, I shall keep you updated. Just one last question if you don't mind me asking, when did they notify you? Was it on Friday via email? Take Care and all the best with preparing for the interview.:smile::smile:

I realise the question wasn't aimed at me, but I also submitted my online tests on the 27th and received the email on the 1st Nov (last Friday), if that's any assistance?
Reply 12
Original post by llmthommo
I realise the question wasn't aimed at me, but I also submitted my online tests on the 27th and received the email on the 1st Nov (last Friday), if that's any assistance?
Thanks for the reply, all the best for the interview, search the thread with keywords such as UK Border, I noticed someone dealt earlier on here about the questions and the written assessment you can expect there.
Thanks for the reply, all the best for the interview, search the thread with keywords such as UK Border, I noticed someone dealt earlier on here about the questions and the written assessment you can expect there.

Appreciated! :biggrin:
Reply 14
appears im the only one who's applied for the Liverpool based role, I imagine these interview are scheduled for Manchester 14th/ 15th think the replies are staggered reflecting when the interviews are due to take place.

H
Reply 15
Original post by HLEllis
appears im the only one who's applied for the Liverpool based role, I imagine these interview are scheduled for Manchester 14th/ 15th think the replies are staggered reflecting when the interviews are due to take place.

H

Yep I think the replies are staggered after all as I have a friend who was informed yesterday that he did not make it through to the interview. U heard anything yet? I still haven't. Oh well, it will be either yes or no, just had an interview with a car company today, so I have stopped thinking too much about the Home Office for now:wink:
Reply 16
Yep I think the replies are staggered after all as I have a friend who was informed yesterday that he did not make it through to the interview. U heard anything yet? I still haven't. Oh well, it will be either yes or no, just had an interview with a car company today, so I have stopped thinking too much about the Home Office for now:wink:

still waiting, still waiting, still waiting.
Urgh, I've just been contacted by the Recruitment Team who notified me the Cardiff interviews have been pushed from Friday 8th to Tuesday 12th! Guess this gives me extra time to prepare, but I was looking forward to getting it out of the way...
Reply 18
I've got my interview for a role at London Bridge in the morning! (Thursday). I was randomly googling and came across this thread. I'll let you all know how it goes!
Original post by pandajoe
I've got my interview for a role at London Bridge in the morning! (Thursday). I was randomly googling and came across this thread. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Thanks panda, that would be great! I would especially appreciate anything you could tell us regarding the structure of the written test, I believe last year it had something to do with the most effective method and manner of responding to queries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending