Lor88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi guys,

anyone else applied for PGDip Child branch for February 2014 start at Southampton? I have been invited to a selection day on the 8th November.
Missbaskett
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi I have also been invited im really nervous about the selection day its my first one to attend but i really want southampton as my firm choice, i was meant to attend today but couldnt so attending next tuesday. Goodluck at yours.
Lor88
Rep:
?
Which branch have you applied for? Try not to get too nervous as all the staff and students are really welcoming. I actually ended up really enjoying the selection day! Good luck on Tuesday.
Missbaskett
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for the advice, thats really good! glad it went well for you, hopefully you will get a good response from them soon I applied for the adult branch, i really did want to do the child but when i did voluntary work It was really hard for me to stay on the children's ward too upsetting . How long was the day, i mean was it really 4hours? I'm driving from london on the day so trying to prepare my journey lol.
Lor88
Rep:
?
I received an offer from them on Friday :-) very excited! Yeh, it was about 4 hours by the time we were finished. It takes a while to get all of you certificates and things sorted, then you have maths and English tests, then you go off I. Groups to do the group discussion and finally you have a question and answer session. It didn't feel like 4 hours though! It felt like it all went really fast. Very best of luck- I'm sure you'll be fine :-) x
Missbaskett
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
CONGRATULATIONS! That's really good!So they responded quicker than the 10days, is it going to be your firm choice then? Any advice on the preparation for the english test, at current im trying to remember it then reading books for references, I deffo want southampton as a firm
Lor88
Rep:
?
Thank you! I'm really pleased as Southampton was my first choice. I got my offer 1 week after my selection day, so it was within the 10 days that they state. I'm definitely going to firm it, but it's a conditional offer (need to have an occupational health check and DBS check in order for it to become unconditional) so I think I need to get these 2 things done before I can accept. There wasn't that much info on ucas other than it saying they had made me a conditional offer based on passing the 2 checks. I'm hoping I will get some info from the uni through the post. The only preparation I did for the English was reading the article they gave us. I get the nursing times and the nursing standard and also get the 2 weekly BMJ publication so I already felt quite well prepared. I didn't use any references in the English... The only reference I made was to the article they gave us. I think as long as you read that carefully, then you will be more than adequately prepared. I'm feeling a bit anxious about accommodation. At the selection day we were told they were setting up a Facebook page for us so we could get together to find people to live with (you can't live in halls because they are full).. But I can't find the page they mentioned. Hoping they will send more info on accommodation when they contact us about our occupational health and DBS checks! X
Missbaskett
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks a lot for your input my mum actually receives the nursing times and standard so I will deffo look at those for more info. Well I will deffo ask them again for the facebook page while am there, its really sad they don't have accommodation for postgrads because I too was planning on staying on campus gumtree is also good to look at too, seen loads of ads for students looking for others. There is also this facebook site https://www.facebook.com/SouthamptonSAS for accommodation support. I will let you know the facebook page tomorrow.
Lor88
Rep:
?
Thanks for the link to the accommodation page. Very best of luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do great. I have sent you a message- hopefully you've received it :-) x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lor88
Rep:
?
Hiya, how did your selection day go? Did you ask about the page they said they are setting up? Hope you got on alright xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gsmith7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

Has anyone else been invited to the 12 of December selection day at Southampton?
Any insights into the Maths test. I'm assuming its general maths questions?
Missbaskett
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The page will be called pgdip nursing 2014 i was told, they guy said it had only 4 people on it so far, i actually changed to the degree instead of pgdip, as the degree is more favoured in the path i want to go although the guy did say most people after the pgdip they do the extra modules to top up the credits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tacosalad
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
did any of you have a 2.2 when applying?
Missbaskett
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i had a 2.1 if you have previous healthcare experience you ill be good!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads