The Student Room Group

Official AQA C1 and C2 June 2014 Discussion!

Hey everyone,

Here is the official thread of discussion for the AQA Core 1 and 2 exams for the AQA A-Level spec!
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Do you have the Spanish listening exam for summer 2013? Sorry to put it on this thread!
Reply 3
Original post by ron1996
Do you have the Spanish listening exam for summer 2013? Sorry to put it on this thread!

No I don't :frown: Sorry!

(Any C1 or C2 peeps here? :smile: )
I have this exam as well. :five:

How much revision have you done and what topics do you struggle with if any.

I have finished c1 and c2. I am just revising topics and the topic i am struggling with is logarims and transformations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by nocoolusername
I have this exam as well. :five:

How much revision have you done and what topics do you struggle with if any.

I have finished c1 and c2. I am just revising topics and the topic i am struggling with is logarims and transformations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey!

We've finished C1 and we're about half way through C2!
I'm scared about logarithms in C2 as well :/

In core 1, the biggest problems I always get is those pesky fractions...... (the downside to having no calculator :frown: )
Reply 6
Original post by tohaaaa
Hey!

We've finished C1 and we're about half way through C2!
I'm scared about logarithms in C2 as well :/

In core 1, the biggest problems I always get is those pesky fractions...... (the downside to having no calculator :frown: )

There's an easy way to view logs, if you know the three laws you can solve ANY log question, an easy way to get better is to practice! Get about 10 Complex log questions up in front of you and go through them, I always used to look at the mark scheme and understand the principles of what was happening (No point memorising numbers because they wont ever appear again of course!), if you get the method then run through a few examples and believe me they will spring to mind. With maths its all about learning the method and core principles behind it all, if you get that then you can solve anything :smile:

Also remember that log a to the base a is equal to 1, log(1)1=1, also...Natural Logarithms appear in Core 3 and 4 a LOT, so it would be very advantageous to learn it now haha :P
Reply 7
For those who may be interested, I've created similar discussion threads for AQA Cores 3 and 4.
Will be retaking got a C last year meh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Wake up people, why is this thread so dead, our exams this Monday!
C2 is on Thursday:-)
I'm doing these exams, C1 I'm fine with, I've been getting near enough full marks on all the last papers I'm doing but there's something about pretty much everything in c2 that I can't get my head around, anyone got a good revision site to help me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Anyone got any tips ? :smile:)))
Hey, just doing some last minute cramming now :s-smilie: Anyone have any tips on how to factorise polynomials efficiently? e.g. 2x3 - x2 -18x + 9 = 0 as my method at the moment is more trial and error than anything else... thanks!
Reply 14
Guys is there anywhere I can check the syllabus for all the volume and area equations we need to know for C1 as I have trouble with most optimization problems and this would help massively, thanks in advance ! :smile:
Jesus I'm looking so shaky on these discriminant questions :/
I am soo happy with C1. I did a test today and i got 83% :smile: i could have got like 4 or 6 more marks because i made silly mistakes such as miss calcuation Dy/Dx and the intergral. Monday here i come. I hope the paper is like the jan 06 paper. Soo calm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually dreading C2 so much. I've gone through the book, watched all the examsolutions vids and have a good grasp of all the topics but then when I sit through past exam papers I find myself stumped at certain questions, only to look back at the mark scheme and think "how the **** was I supposed to know to do it like that". It's very likely just me because the UMS seems high but sometimes the methods of working certain questions just aren't taught in the books, or at least I can't find them.

The irony is I have no problem with C3 whatsoever.
Original post by Jojoestar
Actually dreading C2 so much. I've gone through the book, watched all the examsolutions vids and have a good grasp of all the topics but then when I sit through past exam papers I find myself stumped at certain questions, only to look back at the mark scheme and think "how the **** was I supposed to know to do it like that". It's very likely just me because the UMS seems high but sometimes the methods of working certain questions just aren't taught in the books, or at least I can't find them.

The irony is I have no problem with C3 whatsoever.

What marks are you getting in C2 papers. I am getting around 44 to 48 at the moment. Just reread the questions. The way they are worded can be a bit funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
What marks are you getting in C2 papers. I am getting around 44 to 48 at the moment. Just reread the questions. The way they are worded can be a bit funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around the same too, I'm trying to get an A so I need to be in the high 50's at the least. I do try but it's still a problem, though hopefully one I can eradicate by next week.

Also is it just me or are geometric sequence questions supposed to take forever? I understand what I have to do most of the time but the whole process of solving them is so long and you have to go slowly because a mistake ****s everyything up, I'm worried about them eating a significant chunk of time during

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending