The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Napier Applicants for 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KEVO19961996
Hi just wondering what my chances were of getting a conditional/unconditional In the sports science course?

Last year I got BBCD in highers and I am predicted an AAB in highers this year.

the entry requirements for the course is BBBC

I think you could get an offer. I have an offer where it's BBBC and I need to get a B but it's not a sporty course! :smile:

What subjects are you taking this year and is there any that you are doing 2nd time?
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Original post by LongLazyDays
I think you could get an offer. I have an offer where it's BBBC and I need to get a B but it's not a sporty course! :smile:

What subjects are you taking this year and is there any that you are doing 2nd time?

I am resiting the C and D from last year which are physics and maths and I am crashing higher human biology which I think might be good for sports science.

The two B's from last year were PE and computing

basically I am predicted to have AABBB second sitting

Btw what did u get in your results last year?
(edited 10 years ago)
I got ABC and I'm resisting the C subject although the offer I got was a condition that's not in that subject. This year I'm taking 4 highers.
I think if you put in the work then you could get an offer!
When did you send your application away? I sent mine in mid December! :smile:
I got ABC and I'm resisting the C subject although the offer I got was a condition that's not in that subject. This year I'm taking 4 highers.
I think if you put in the work then you could get an offer!
When did you send your application away? I sent mine in mid December! :smile:

November.
still to hear back from edinburgh, stirling and strathclyde too

what course did u apply for at napier?
(edited 10 years ago)
Don't worry! Many people I know are still waiting. It depends on many things.
I'm you'll hear back from someone. :smile:
Don't worry! Many people I know are still waiting. It depends on many things.
I'm you'll hear back from someone. :smile:

What course did u apply for at napier?
Management Marketing and Management Marketing with entrepreneurship! :smile:
Reply 67
Woo! Got my offer for languages and intercultural communications today!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't stand all this waiting. I know it's only been a few weeks but it feels like ages since I sent my application.
Original post by Gavin-P
Woo! Got my offer for languages and intercultural communications today!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :biggrin:
Is that all you're offers or are you waiting?
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
Can't stand all this waiting. I know it's only been a few weeks but it feels like ages since I sent my application.

Time flies doesn't it! :smile:
What course are you applying to and what unis?
Reply 71
Nope it was the first :P But all the others normally take a while for language courses :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Time flies doesn't it! :smile:
What course are you applying to and what unis?

Tourism Management, Tourism and marketing Management, and Hospitality and Tourism management all at Napier. I'd happily take any of those as my firm choice. And I've applied for Hospitality and Tourism and also Business Enterprise, Hospitality and Tourism both at Strathclyde.
All of these are going into second year since I'm doing HNC Travel and Tourism at Dundee College just now.

Just desperate to move out and move away from here to be honest. I just want to know if I can look forward to moving to Edinburgh or not already!
Tourism Management, Tourism and marketing Management, and Hospitality and Tourism management all at Napier. I'd happily take any of those as my firm choice. And I've applied for Hospitality and Tourism and also Business Enterprise, Hospitality and Tourism both at Strathclyde.
All of these are going into second year since I'm doing HNC Travel and Tourism at Dundee College just now.

Just desperate to move out and move away from here to be honest. I just want to know if I can look forward to moving to Edinburgh or not already!

They all sound great! I've applied into the Marketing Management course!
I know! It'll be weird to start with but I would like to gain independence.
Edinburgh looks like a interesting city but I haven't been there for a while.
Good luck to you!
Reply 74
Original post by Spaghetti
Hey, I'm starting in Year 2 as well. If you're staying in halls it will be fine, as you'll be surrounded by freshers like yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope so!!
Reply 75
I applied early December and i'm still waiting, is anyone else still waiting?!
Yes and the wait is killing me!!!! :hmpf:
They all sound great! I've applied into the Marketing Management course!
I know! It'll be weird to start with but I would like to gain independence.
Edinburgh looks like a interesting city but I haven't been there for a while.
Good luck to you!

Yeah I haven't been in a while either. It will definitely be interesting moving there and not knowing where anything is!

Good luck to you too (if you havent heard back yet)
Yeah I haven't been in a while either. It will definitely be interesting moving there and not knowing where anything is!

Good luck to you too (if you havent heard back yet)

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by Gintare2338
Hi people,

Anyone applying for language with tourism management(spanish or french) studies?
Would be nice to chat with someone with common interest... or get some information about the university and life in scotland, cuz i've never been there:smile:)

Thank you!

Hey Gintare! Im starting in september 2014, iv just traveled around asia and Australia and I will studying tourism with marketing management...a similar course to you! Ed is an amazing city and I really cannot wait to start there! it has shops and nightlife, but it is not tooo busy like London. However it has some beautiful sights and is full of history!

Quick Reply

Latest