The Student Room Group

French and German GCSE controlled assessment

I stupidly took both french and german GCSE so now I have to learn 2 essays at the sime for my speaking and writing in november. I'm ok at learning the german one, but does anyone have any tips on how to learn the french one??? It has to be done for about 2 weeks time. :s-smilie: :frown:
Reply 1
I am doing German and Spanish and the best tip I can give you is practice. For example for the oral record yourself and compare it against your essay and fix any mistakes. Same for the writing. Go one sentence by sentence until you know your full thing
When are they? Like same day?

Anyway, word order is obviously very different so it's a bit odd.

For French, just learn on how to actually say things from English into French, and then translate in your exam after remembering English.

Eg Last year, I went to...

So you know it's "L'année dernier" and them past tense with aller so... It's etre as the auxiliary verb... Je suis allé(e).

And you learn how to actually speak it as well
Reply 3
It will be easier to learn if you break the essay up into small sections; if you try to learn everything at once you will confuse yourself. Make bullet points of the most important parts of each section and put them on little cards. Test yourself on the cards until you can do it without looking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending