Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know there are a couple of general threads about but I thought it would be helpful if we could have a separate one for each exam.

I'll probably be typing my revision notes up so can probably upload them for anyone that wants help.

How is everyone feeling about this? Are you enjoying it?

Share your unit 3 notes & thoughts & exam predictions here!

I'll make a list in this post of everyone that's doing it if you want?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohsnapitschels)
    I know there are a couple of general threads about but I thought it would be helpful if we could have a separate one for each exam.

I'll probably be typing my revision notes up so can probably upload them for anyone that wants help.

woah!! that would be so great of you to upload revision notes! i need help in essay writing and structure, i dont know how to structure my essays and present a clear line of argument, i am absolutely dreading this exam lol and from now until january i wont have a psychology teacher ( :afraid: but what i have noticed is that for the relationship topics, the maintenance of relationships has never come up, i have a weird feeling it will come up this year, oh yeah btw the topics i am doing is relationships, eating behavior and aggression and also to secure over a b or a solid b in this exam you need to get 15 marks in each essay, which sounds good but for the amount of information we have to remember *yikes* how are you going to revise for this and what topics are you currently doing or will be doing? ssoooo sorry for the long message i just had a lot to say lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Relationships, Eating Behaviour and either Perception or Developmental or Sleep Cycles. One of the advantages of being self taught is that I can basically do my own thing.

I'm going to revise by making essay plans I think. I don't want to actually memorise essays because that to me is a bit complicated but I do want to end up for an essay plan for every possible exam question. Just a few bullet point guidelines to follow you know?

Haha that's okay long is good, to be honest it's nice that someone's actually replied. I thought I was going to be all alone in here.

I need an A/A* which scares me a bit. But I'm hoping the rest of my exams will make up for it! Because I really don't feel like Unit 3 will be for me. To be honest I'd be thrilled with a high C in this one lol! I'm hoping to get as close to 100ums as possible in the AS exams so that I have a bit more flexibility with these exams! 90 in both of these exams and I only have to get 70 in both of the A2 exams. I'm thinking I could probably get 90 in Unit 1&2, 75 in Unit 4, and then 65 in Unit 3. That way I still get my A but with only a middle C in this paper.

That's the hope anyway lol!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Relationships, Eating Behaviour and either Perception or Developmental or Sleep Cycles. One of the advantages of being self taught is that I can basically do my own thing.

I'm going to revise by making essay plans I think. I don't want to actually memorise essays because that to me is a bit complicated but I do want to end up for an essay plan for every possible exam question. Just a few bullet point guidelines to follow you know?

Haha that's okay long is good, to be honest it's nice that someone's actually replied. I thought I was going to be all alone in here.

I need an A/A* which scares me a bit. But I'm hoping the rest of my exams will make up for it! Because I really don't feel like Unit 3 will be for me. To be honest I'd be thrilled with a high C in this one lol! I'm hoping to get as close to 100ums as possible in the AS exams so that I have a bit more flexibility with these exams! 90 in both of these exams and I only have to get 70 in both of the A2 exams. I'm thinking I could probably get 90 in Unit 1&2, 75 in Unit 4, and then 65 in Unit 3. That way I still get my A but with only a middle C in this paper.

loooooooool i know what it feels like when no one answers your question... plus i dont see why other people havent replied to this thread i mean you even offered to help. hey i got a really good idea, you learn 90% of what you teach, so we can explain stuff to each other and share notes and stuff, tbh psychology iis my weakest subject i dont know hoow to structure essays, plus i have no teacher for psychology till January so i am self teaching myself as well, its so awesome that we are both doing eating behaviour and relationships. and thats a really good plan! its actually so easy to get an A in unit 3 in terms of marks so you can defo get an A but as for unit 4, i am just going to make sure i smash the research methods section xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGameOfScience)
    loooooooool i know what it feels like when no one answers your question... plus i dont see why other people havent replied to this thread i mean you even offered to help. hey i got a really good idea, you learn 90% of what you teach, so we can explain stuff to each other and share notes and stuff, tbh psychology iis my weakest subject i dont know hoow to structure essays, plus i have no teacher for psychology till January so i am self teaching myself as well, its so awesome that we are both doing eating behaviour and relationships. and thats a really good plan! its actually so easy to get an A in unit 3 in terms of marks so you can defo get an A but as for unit 4, i am just going to make sure i smash the research methods section xD
    Yep sounds like a plan. I'm not 100% about the structure of essays but I'm sure we can find some model answers and work it out.
    Yes research methods may be what saves me.

ReputationRep:
    Yep sounds like a plan. I'm not 100% about the structure of essays but I'm sure we can find some model answers and work it out.
    Yes research methods may be what saves me.

looool yes!! two minds are definantly better than 1!! is it ok if i send you a friend request i am new to student room and your a really nice person xD it will save us aha

ReputationRep:

For those doing PSYA3:

I have uploaded my relationships, aggression and eating behaviour essays, most of the essays are marked A grades with some marked A*: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yj...Behaviour.docx

I've already done this exam last year and here are some tips from me:

-Make sure your A01 is concise
    -Do not start your A02 points with a researcher's name, they will mark it as A01! make sure you start your A02 points with e.g. 'There is research to support..., for example .... found'
    -Always refer back to what you said in your A01
    -Make sure you have 1/3 A01 and about 2/3 A02.
    -Make sure you have IDA points!
    -SLT and deindividuation are not reductionist!

• Reductionism only refers to reducing behaviour to a lower level of explanation i.e. reducing psychological explanations into biological ones. Examiner Report - June 2010 (bottom of page 3 / top of page 4)
      “The term ‘reductionism’ was regularly misused to refer to approaches that focused on a single model or explanation, e.g. cognitive, psychoanalytic, evolutionary or behavioural. Such approaches may be criticised as narrow or limited, but they are not necessarily reductionist. The term ‘reductionism’ came from biology, and refers to explanations at the lowest and most detailed level; e.g. studying the functions of the liver by studying individual liver cells, or the functions of the brain by examining individual neurons. In psychology, the term is most appropriately applied to biological explanations (e.g. genetics, neurotransmitters, hormones) of complex human behaviours such as schizophrenia, eating disorders and aggression. Such reductionist explanations can be legitimately criticised as ignoring psychological, social and cultural factors. However, the social learning theory of aggression or anorexia nervosa is not reductionist because it ignores genetic factors; it is narrow or limited.”

-wherever the word 'including' is on the spec that means you could be asked two seperate 24 mark questions e.g. ‘Biological explanations of AN, including neural and evolutionary explanations’ you could be asked to:

• Describe and evaluate biological explanations of one eating disorder. (8 marks + 16 marks)
    • Describe and evaluate neural explanations of one eating disorder. (8 marks + 16 marks)
    • Describe and evaluate evolutionary explanations of one eating disorder. (8 marks + 16 marks)

If you are asked about biological explanations then you can used neural explanations and/or evolutionary explanations.
    -make sure you are ready for 4 mark, 8 mark, 12 mark and 24 mark question for each essay.

and finally start revising early, don't leave it near the exam or you will regret it!

Past papers and Mark schemes can be found here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...d-mark-schemes

past exam questions for Relationships, Aggression and Eating Behaviour:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Relationships:

Jan: Sex differences, parent-offspring conflict (25)
    June: nature of relationships in different cultures (25)

Jan: two or more theories of formation of romantic relationships (25)
    June: influence of childhood and/or adolescent experiences on adult relationships (25)

Jan: Research into breakdown of relationships (24)
    June: Sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour (24)

Jan: One theory of formation of romantic relationships (12)
    Research into the influence of childhood on adult relationships (12)
    June: One theory of maintenance of relationships (12)
    Influence of culture on romantic relationships (12)

Aggression:

June: one social psychological theory of aggression (21)

Jan: evolutionary explanations of aggression (25)
    June: neural and/or hormonal mechanisms in aggression (25)

Jan: Research into institutional aggression (4)
    one or more evolutionary explanations of group display (20)
    June: one or more social psychological theories of aggression (24)

Jan: evolutionary explanations of aggression, including infidelity and/or jealousy (24)
    June: One evolutionary explanation of group display in human aggression (4)
    genetic factors of aggression (20)

Eating behaviour:

June: explanations of one eating disorder (25)

Jan: role of one or more factors that influence attitudes to food (12)
    The role of neural mechanisms in controlling eating (13)
    June: one psychological explanation of one eating disorder (5)
    Evolutionary explanation of food preference (20)

Jan: neural mechanisms involved in the control of eating behaviour (24)
    June: outline one explanation of an eating disorder (4)
    Explanations for the success and/or failure of dieting (20)

Jan: factors influencing attitudes to food and/or eating behaviour (24)
    June: outline and evaluate one biological explanation of an eating disorder (24)

All the best

ReputationRep:
    hey I was wondering if anyone has any model essays for lifespan changes in sleep - I am so stuck on how to get 16 marks for evaluation on it!!! ( other than supporting studies) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    For those doing PSYA3:

I have uploaded my relationships, aggression and eating behaviour essays, most of the essays are marked A grades with some marked A*: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h...+Behaviour.pdf

-Do not start your A02 points with a researcher's name, they will mark it as A01! make sure you start your A02 points with e.g. 'There is research to support..., for example .... found'

• Reductionism only refers to reducing behaviour to a lower level of explanation i.e. reducing psychological explanations into biological ones. Examiner Report - June 2010 (bottom of page 3 / top of page 4)

-wherever the word 'including' is on the spec that means you could be asked two seperate 24 mark questions e.g. ‘Biological explanations of AN, including neural and evolutionary explanations’ you could be asked to:

• Describe and evaluate biological explanations of one eating disorder. (8 marks + 16 marks)
    • Describe and evaluate neural explanations of one eating disorder. (8 marks + 16 marks)
    • Describe and evaluate evolutionary explanations of one eating disorder. (8 marks + 16 marks)

If you are asked about biological explanations then you can used neural explanations and/or evolutionary explanations.
    -make sure you are ready for 4 mark, 8 mark, 12 mark and 24 mark question for each essay.

and finally start revising early, don't leave it near the exam or you will regret it!

Past papers and Mark schemes can be found here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...d-mark-schemes

Spoiler:
    Show
    Relationships:

June: influence of childhood and/or adolescent experiences on adult relationships (25)

Aggression:

Jan: evolutionary explanations of aggression, including infidelity and/or jealousy (24)

Eating behaviour:

June: outline and evaluate one biological explanation of an eating disorder (24)

All the best
    This is really helpful thanks . Would it be possible for you to tell me what the questions for relationships and eating behavior were in the June 2013 exam please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy0302)
    This is really helpful thanks . Would it be possible for you to tell me what the questions for relationships and eating behavior were in the June 2013 exam please?
    no problem!
    sure for relationships: outline and evaluate one theory of maintenance of romantic relationships (12 marks)
    discuss research into influence of culture on romantic relationships (12 marks)
    and for eating behaviour: outline and evaluate one psyhcological explanation and one biological explanation of eating disorder (24 marks)
    Unit 3 mark scheme and paper uploaded here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=322

ReputationRep:
    Iv actually finally started creating my relationship model answer textbook after all the emails I've had so this will have my model A* answers that helped me get 100% for psya3.

It will be available on my website once done, probably in the next week or two here:

Http://www.loopa.co.UK

Just click the model A* essays tab and it will be there alongside my other ones.

The relationships topic is actually easier now as it seems to have had a possible question removed as opposed to when I took it meaning theres less for you to revise now. Lucky!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    no problem!
    sure for relationships: outline and evaluate one theory of maintenance of romantic relationships (12 marks)
    discuss research into influence of culture on romantic relationships (12 marks)
    and for eating behaviour: outline and evaluate one psyhcological explanation and one biological explanation of eating disorder (24 marks)
    Unit 3 mark scheme and paper uploaded here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=322
    Thank you so so much! That's so helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    For those doing PSYA3:

I have uploaded my relationships, aggression and eating behaviour essays, most of the essays are marked A grades with some marked A*: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h...+Behaviour.pdf

Spoiler:
    Show
    Relationships:

Aggression:

Eating behaviour:

All the best
    Hey, I've just tried to access those essays on the mediafire website, but it won't let me. I was wondering whether you've deleted these files and if so if there is anyway to access them elsewhere?

Thanks

ReputationRep:

heyy do you have any essays on eating behaviour and relationships now??? im doing psychology this year and it would be really helpful x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    For those doing PSYA3:

I have uploaded my relationships, aggression and eating behaviour essays, most of the essays are marked A grades with some marked A*: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yj...Behaviour.docx

Spoiler:
    Show
    Relationships:

Aggression:

Eating behaviour:

All the best
    hey im doing psychology this year, and tried to access your files seeing as your doing the same topic as me. is it possible for you to send them to me please!! it would be really helpful thank you x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 21, 2016

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.