The Student Room Group

DSTL Application Process

Hi, I have recently applied for the Life Science Graduate Scheme at DSTL, the application doesn't close till Nov 9th, however, I wondered if anybody may know a rough time scale for reply if application is successful or not? I have been in the Royal Navy for 7 years so hopefully this will be beneficial for the application? Also if anybody has had a telephone interview what sort of questions they were asked. Thanks in advance!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have applied for DSTL too on the Social Science Analyst pathway and haven't had a reply yet either way. N x
Reply 2
Original post by LizF
Hi, I have recently applied for the Life Science Graduate Scheme at DSTL, the application doesn't close till Nov 9th, however, I wondered if anybody may know a rough time scale for reply if application is successful or not? I have been in the Royal Navy for 7 years so hopefully this will be beneficial for the application? Also if anybody has had a telephone interview what sort of questions they were asked. Thanks in advance!!

Have you heard anything yet LizF? xx
Reply 3
Hi, I have applied for the same scheme as you and still haven't heard anything yet, so I am wondering if they have got back to you yet. Thanks x
Reply 4
Original post by Lola673
Hi, I have applied for the same scheme as you and still haven't heard anything yet, so I am wondering if they have got back to you yet. Thanks x

Hey, I applied to the Social Sciences scheme and have had sporadic contact with their management team. Mainly to do with extra academic details, that they asked me for. Still, nothing official on moving to the next stage or being refused yet. Fingers crossed that we hear something more affirmative soon!
Reply 5
My partner has applied for the general Analyst one and has had contact with the team about extra details too but I have heard absolutely nothing at all so far. No news is good news though I guess. Xx
Reply 6
Just got an e-mail this morning saying that I'm still under consideration, but that due to loads of applicants, we won't hear anything till mid-January, latest. At least we have a date (ish) now!
Reply 7
Original post by sabbon
Just got an e-mail this morning saying that I'm still under consideration, but that due to loads of applicants, we won't hear anything till mid-January, latest. At least we have a date (ish) now!

Yeah both my partner and I got that one too. From what I've heard from last year's applicants the whole process runs really slowly for DSTL anyway. Xx
Reply 8
Original post by NatalieEC
Yeah both my partner and I got that one too. From what I've heard from last year's applicants the whole process runs really slowly for DSTL anyway. Xx

Anyone elses email literally start "Dear {Firstname} {Surname}". Nothing like personalisation eh?...
Reply 9
Original post by Dannashin
Anyone elses email literally start "Dear {Firstname} {Surname}". Nothing like personalisation eh?...

Both of ours looked like that too - welcome to the public sector :-P
Reply 10
Just got a phone call to give me a date for my assessment centre - :smile: Over the moon :smile: Mine's January 20th - does anyone else have theirs that day? Xxx
Reply 11
Original post by NatalieEC
Just got a phone call to give me a date for my assessment centre - :smile: Over the moon :smile: Mine's January 20th - does anyone else have theirs that day? Xxx

Awesome, good job! Didn't manage to crack it this time, but there's always next year!
Reply 12
Original post by sabbon
Awesome, good job! Didn't manage to crack it this time, but there's always next year!

Aww sorry to hear that Sabbon - good luck with the rest of your grad scheme applications though Xxx
Reply 13
Hi,
Sorry to hear that, Sabbon. Did you get an email telling you you were unsuccessful? I've had neither call or email yet...
Reply 14
Original post by Dannashin
Hi,
Sorry to hear that, Sabbon. Did you get an email telling you you were unsuccessful? I've had neither call or email yet...

Thank you, I did get an e-mail. I applied only a few days before the deadline, so was a little surprised to get feedback this early. They did say we could be waiting up until mid January, so I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything until at least then. All the best to you guys!
Reply 15
If it helps anyone, my partner has also got through to assessment centre (Analyst Stream) and his is the 22nd January. Xx
Reply 16
I applied for the graduate scientist scheme and got a phone call a few days back inviting me to the assessment centre on January 17th. Has anyone else heard yet and have any of you guys had a telephone interview? The careers page says that it's part of the process but I definitely haven't had one x
Reply 17
I applied to the life science graduate scheme. I went through the telephone interview last year and passed but then got an email saying there were no places left on the selection centre, and it appears they have forgotten about me again, I just got the generic email saying they will get back to me by mid Jan. Getting worried.
I applied for the graduate scientist scheme in mid-October and received the generic email like everyone has. Haven't had a phonecall yet which I am praying comes soon. Still time... I hope!
Reply 19
Hey all, I have my DSTL assessment centre in less than a week - any advice? Xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending