The Student Room Group

when to start revising for gcse exams?

Scroll to see replies

How did you revise? What type of revision?
Wow, how did you get 11 A*? I am really worried about my GCSEs because I want to at least 5 A*s because I want to study medicine. What do you want to study ?
Reply 22
so im planning to start revision today ( first day of easter) i have around 22 exams (11 gcses) do you think around 8 A* is achievable starting now? thanks in advance
Original post by srhum321
so im planning to start revision today ( first day of easter) i have around 22 exams (11 gcses) do you think around 8 A* is achievable starting now? thanks in advance

haha, we ain't much different. I am also starting hard core revising now. Hopefully I will get at least 5A* so I can do medicine. I don't think we have enough time but loads of my sixth form friends day that it's enigu enough time.
Original post by sumi99
I'm the queen of procrastination!!!! LITERALLY I was planning to start revision in september, that failed, october for mock exams in nov/dec failed tried to start in dec - failed said id start in jan - failed now its half way through january im stressing!!!!!! thinking to start from tomorrow, freshy start :frown: what grades did you get? my first exams on 11th may :'(
My first exam is on the 11th of May as well. It's now April and I haven't even started revision yet. I don't really know how to revise, whenever I get my book out I get distracted by literally everything. Good luck on your exams though.
Reply 25
Original post by srhum321

How many hours do you revise each day and how much hours do u revise on weekends?
I recommend that you go light in year 10 and just make sure you know the stuff you have done in lessons and then start properly in year 11 . I hope that helps ...
Hi! I'm in year 10 at the moment and I'm wondering whether I should begin to revise all the stuff I have done so far in the year, when I have free time and stuff. I'm not great at revision so I generally just rewrite my notes and do mind maps spider diagrams etc..... and that has got me pretty much all A grades and the odd B and A* but I just want to know when I should do revision. Is it too early? Some of my friends do the odd bit and earlier in the year I simplified all my notes I made in class but haven't done it in a while and want to know whether you guys revised or are revising like an hour a night or something.

THANKS for any replies!
Now is a good idea, if not, February is the latest I would have left it.
Hi, I was wondering if you could give me some advice? My GCSEs start 17thmay-17june and I haven't started revising yet! I have 21 exams and just can't find the motivation to start revising. I'm aiming for grades as high as possible (A*/A/Bs) but find that I am so worried about starting revision. It's Easter holidays so I won't to do as much as possible now but still enjoy the break, i just haven't got the motivation though.
Original post by Liv_97
I started revision around mid march, I had a few less exams - between 18 and 20 I think. Don't start revising too early, I know some people who did and they just burned out by the time exams came around. It's better to start a bit later as you can keep your motivation up as your end goal is closer - obviously don't start too late! Also, make sure you know what type of revision works for you. Hope this helps! (In case you want to know- I got 11 a*s)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Liv_97
I started revision around mid march, I had a few less exams - between 18 and 20 I think. Don't start revising too early, I know some people who did and they just burned out by the time exams came around. It's better to start a bit later as you can keep your motivation up as your end goal is closer - obviously don't start too late! Also, make sure you know what type of revision works for you. Hope this helps! (In case you want to know- I got 11 a*s)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I was wondering if you could give me some advice? My GCSEs start 17thmay-17june and I haven't started revising yet! I have 21 exams and just can't find the motivation to start revising. I'm aiming for grades as high as possible (A*/A/Bs) but find that I am so worried about starting revision. It's Easter holidays so I won't to do as much as possible now but still enjoy the break, i just haven't got the motivation though.
Original post by Liv_97

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Liv_97

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Georgia179

If you're really relying on someone to give you a toolkit for motivation and to tell you to start revising, repeating yourself to them isn't going to help you. Just saying
Original post by Username3097486
If you're really relying on someone to give you a toolkit for motivation and to tell you to start revising, repeating yourself to them isn't going to help you. Just saying

I didn't realise it posted 3 times, I don't really used the student room often so still new to how it works
Original post by User1654729
I'm the queen of procrastination!!!! LITERALLY

I was planning to start revision in september, that failed, october for mock exams in nov/dec failed

tried to start in dec - failed

said id start in jan - failed

now its half way through january im stressing!!!!!!

thinking to start from tomorrow, freshy start :frown:

what grades did you get? my first exams on 11th may :'(

Well, in my year 9 exams i got 1 A and 10 B's But they were just mocks.

I did 2 hours revision each day and started in september
Reply 34
I'm stressing out on when to start I forget things so easy wether i revise early or a like few days before the exam i still forget
Reply 35
I need help im 3 month's away from my exam's i flopped my mocks but i am predicted high grades; i was a student who has the ability to do well but never tried and it's all beginning to hit back at me with plenty of unfinished coursework piling on top of me however the motivation has always been there but im not sure on how to revise and I'm usually a mentally strong person however this is bdcoming overwhelming
Hey , I'm in Year 10. It's March and I got my exams in May. Haven't started revision yet but planning to start next week. Last year I started around the same time and ended up getting 1A* and 5A's for the early GCSE's I did so I guess that if you start mid march, then ya should be good!:u:
(edited 7 years ago)
i was wondering about my year ten GCSE'S exams coming up in the summer
i really need to start revising but i don't know when to and how long for? what would u recommend as the best way to revise?
thanks x
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Liv_97

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much did you do a day?
Reply 39
Original post by Liv_97

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey i was just wondering what you got for a levels

Quick Reply

Latest