The Student Room Group

help, only received non means tested part of loan!

hi,
i need some help with student finance that isn't going to cost me £10 in phone bills please! i was late in sending my evidence, so only received the non means tested part of my loan. i have since sent proof of my parents splitting up, in order for my loan to be means tested, and for me to receive the rest of my loan. I sent this on the 16th sept, signed for, in the same envelope as my declaration (as i was told to do by student finance), and both are marked on my account as being received on the 19th sept. I rung up around 3 weeks ago to find out what was happening, only to hear that i had sent it to the wrong dept, and they were going to have to submit a form to get it back to the right department, and processed. i waited patiently, then last week, phoned up to find out what was happening, only to hear that they don't know!
i still haven't received any conformation either online or through the post, and it is frustrating as i am now being charged for being late on my rent, and i am also getting sky high phone calls from my phone company, for trying to call you. i have also found out from my uni that i am around £4000 in arrears, for my tuition fees, as you have not paid them the correct amount for my course, despite me notifying you that the fees were incorrect nearly 2 months ago.
please help, i am desperate!
Hi there,

Once the evidence you have sent in to us has been updated by our assessors, your entitlement will be updated and a new Notification letter sent. This process has been delayed slightly due to receiving the evidence at the wrong department.

If there are issues with the fee amounts, this could indicate that the course code you indicated on your application is incorrect or that the university haven't advised of the correct fees on their database.

You could request if the university would be able to allow you to call us from their office?

Alternatively, your university can call our HEI helpline for further assistance in regards to the fee situation.

Thanks,
Reply 2
just to say thanks for the information and response :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending