The Student Room Group

Should I ask my tutor to show me my UCAS Reference?

I am applying to university and I have given my application in and my tutor completed my reference, as I can see it on UCAS apply. However in the reference I asked him to write about some health problems and personal circumstances which have affected me. Would it be therefore okay to ask to see it? Just to check whether what he has wrote is right and agree on it?
Reply 1
Original post by lala121
I am applying to university and I have given my application in and my tutor completed my reference, as I can see it on UCAS apply. However in the reference I asked him to write about some health problems and personal circumstances which have affected me. Would it be therefore okay to ask to see it? Just to check whether what he has wrote is right and agree on it?
You can certainly ask him, but he doesn't have to show it to you. Once your application has been submitted, UCAS will let you see it, for the payment of a small fee
Reply 2
Original post by lala121

Whether you see it or not won't make them instantly change it. Just accept that they've made their mind and it's ready.
It's a good idea to ask your ref to show you your reference. There are chances that he/she hasn't specified all the info that you'd want him to include in the reference. Predicted grades for ALL the subjects for example. This is especially true if your reference doesn't know about the marks that you're likely to get in the subjects are than the one he/she teaches you...(in which case, your ref would have written the predicted grade of only the subject that he teaches you; you'll end up receiving a mail from your choice(s) asking your referee to mail them the predicted grades in all your subjects, like what happened in my case :/ )

Sent from my iPhone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending