The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks I'm gonna try and get into medicine abroad and if that doesn't work gonna try biomedics
Does anyone know if there is any specific grade requirements for transferring from biomed to medicine.? I disappointingly got BBC at A-level.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Does anyone know if there is any specific grade requirements for transferring from biomed to medicine.? I disappointingly got BBC at A-level.

I don't think there are any specific requirements tbh; they consider your A level results along with your results across the first year and UKCAT if they require it. :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by MBQ
Hi, I'm a Newcastle Biomedical Sciences to Medicine transfer. If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer them! All of the general admission info is available here.
For what it's worth the Biomed course at Newcastle is really interesting and well run.

Hey, I'm starting biomed at Newcastle at the end of this month and am hoping to transfer to Medicine. I was wondering what UKCAT score you got, and others who were interviewed got as well. Thanks
hey could i ask a quick q, how did you write your ps in order to fit both clinical and biomed?
Original post by ARMEDIOUS
hey could i ask a quick q, how did you write your ps in order to fit both clinical and biomed?

I didnt just wrote it for medicine haha
Were you allowed to apply for medicibe and still have two biomed options? Weve been tokd we get 4 med and 1 biomed application
Were you allowed to apply for medicibe and still have two biomed options? Weve been tokd we get 4 med and 1 biomed application

I applied to 4 medicine and one biomed, i think there is a way you can apply to 4 medicine and more than one biomed but you just have to pay extra or something I'm not sure tho
Ty man youve been great help, lastly does any1 know about how transfer to med works at bradford as the only one i can see is widening participation where they send you to leeds but i dont fulfill any of thw criteria as I believe its for those who come from less priveliged backgrounds so is there any other option.
Ty man youve been great help, lastly does any1 know about how transfer to med works at bradford as the only one i can see is widening participation where they send you to leeds but i dont fulfill any of thw criteria as I believe its for those who come from less priveliged backgrounds so is there any other option.

Glad to have helped man sorry i couldn't do more, what are your plans?
Original post by AkshayKishor
Glad to have helped man sorry i couldn't do more, what are your plans?

Initially i planned to do med but i dont think id be able to cope as im very lazy rn so wanted to wait until i become mature so am going to try and do biomed and transfer in first, second year or postgrad
Initially i planned to do med but i dont think id be able to cope as im very lazy rn so wanted to wait until i become mature so am going to try and do biomed and transfer in first, second year or postgrad

That's a good idea, good luck buddy
Reply 52
Please may you give me the names of the other institutions
Original post by layla.k
Yes they do

Out of Queen Mary and Kings, which one would be more likely or has a higher chance of transferring from Biomed to medicine? Or are there no transfers just the postgrad route? Also can I apply normally to medicine again if I start Biomed in September?
Any info will be much appreciated.
Original post by tmahajumi
Out of Queen Mary and Kings, which one would be more likely or has a higher chance of transferring from Biomed to medicine? Or are there no transfers just the postgrad route? Also can I apply normally to medicine again if I start Biomed in September?
Any info will be much appreciated.

There are generally very few transfer places and both will have strict academic criteria so I imagine the chances of transferring would be about the same.

Most places don't accept applications from someone who has started a degree. If you get the grades the best bet would be to take a gap year and reapply.
Reply 55
Hi everyone may u please advise if possible. I was enrolled on a nursing course at the bradford university and had done my 3 years there unfortunately I failed my final placement and was given a supplementary one where I encountered problems and as a result was thrown out of the course and they are saying I have good credit to take somewhere else with me. I just want to know if any of u know of any universities which can allow transfers from Bradford thank u
Original post by MBQ
Hi, I'm a Newcastle Biomedical Sciences to Medicine transfer. If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer them! All of the general admission info is available here.
For what it's worth the Biomed course at Newcastle is really interesting and well run.

Hey! I'm thinking of applying for biomed in Newcastle but I'm just wondering how hard was it for you to transfer from biomed to medicine? How was the competition? and were there few or many people transferring with you? By now you've probably started medicine already, so how are you finding it? Was it worth the transfer? How many years of medicine do you have left? I'm so sorry I'm being so inquisitive :frown:but I need to apply to my unis this year and I need answers!:s-smilie:
Original post by crispynoodles
Hey! I'm thinking of applying for biomed in Newcastle but I'm just wondering how hard was it for you to transfer from biomed to medicine? How was the competition? and were there few or many people transferring with you? By now you've probably started medicine already, so how are you finding it? Was it worth the transfer? How many years of medicine do you have left? I'm so sorry I'm being so inquisitive :frown:but I need to apply to my unis this year and I need answers!:s-smilie:

Hey! I know these questions are for someone else but I can tell ya that they only have up to 7 places per year!! It's super competitive.
Reply 58
Does Sheffield still do the transfer from biomedicine to medicine? As it does not mention it anywhere on their current page. I'm asking as a back up, in case I don't get accepted into medicine directly and have to take and alternative route.
Hi all!

You may find it useful to have a look at our Biomedical Sciences to Medicine page - this lists a selection of UK universities which allow you to transfer to Medicine after one year, as well as alternative routes into Medicine.

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal

Latest

Trending

Trending