The Student Room Group

marketing applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Kruz
Ultimately it's your choice but personally I wouldn't retake it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I don't want to either as I'm retaking to a.s papers from last year! But will they reject me as they ask for a b in maths! So would be wasting a choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J56
Yeah I don't want to either as I'm retaking to a.s papers from last year! But will they reject me as they ask for a b in maths! So would be wasting a choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you put in Maths on UCAS and say that its pending (plus the C grade you got) then they should let you in.

Make sure your school predicts you a B on your reference though
Reply 62
Original post by J56

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't want to retake either! sussex want a B but i took a risk and apllied anyway i have a feeling i don't have a chance but at least if i get rejected then i know i at least tried!. good luck
Reply 63
Reply 64
I just sent my application off 2 days ago! I applied to Man met, UWE Bristol, Bournemouth, Reading & Newcastle! Already received an offer from Man met! I'm applying to many uni's down south, which is quite far for me as I'm from Manchester :P So nervous waiting for offers! Looks like many people are applying for Bournemouth & Reading then? Competitive? Also how long did it take to get offers from Bournemouth/Reading? My main choice at the moment is Newcastle...but I doubt I'll get in :frown:
Reply 65
Original post by Mandizzle
just sent my ucas application off
i applied for marketing at liverpool/reading/hull/coventry/nott trent
wish me luck ;]

Goood luck! I've applied for reading too :3
Reply 66
Original post by JDZG
After three hours of staring at my personal statement, finally plucked up the courage to send off my ucas! So nervous/ scared/ excited- way too many emotions to deal with at 1am LOL. Anyone applying for Reading, Sussex, Bournemouth? If anyone did how long roughly did it take to get your offers back? :smile:

I have also applied for reading and bournemouth! :smile:
Reply 67
Has anyone applied to Aston? :smile: if so how long did they take to get back to you?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by J56
Has anyone applied to Aston? :smile: if so how long did they take to get back to you?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to Aston too:smile:, only thing I have had back from them is an email to say they have my application
Reply 69
Original post by Mandizzle
just sent my ucas application off
i applied for marketing at liverpool/reading/hull/coventry/nott trent
wish me luck ;]

I applied at Coventry and nott trent too:smile: have you heard anything from them yet. good luck with your offers:smile:
Reply 70
Original post by Shaun96
I applied to Aston too:smile:, only thing I have had back from them is an email to say they have my application

Yeah same I had that email come in! When did you send your application off?:smile: I hope we get offers as 5th best in the u.k plus they have some pretty decent placements!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by J56
Yeah same I had that email come in! When did you send your application off?:smile: I hope we get offers as 5th best in the u.k plus they have some pretty decent placements!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent it on Monday so it hasn't been long, wbu? and yeah it is ranked highly hope we both get offers:smile:
Reply 72
i got a conditional offer from Bournemouth just now :biggrin:
Reply 73
Original post by Shaun96
I sent it on Monday so it hasn't been long, wbu? and yeah it is ranked highly hope we both get offers:smile:

Wednesday ! So I'll be waiting longer! Same:biggrin:. I really want to know before Christmas but that's wishful thinking!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by J56
Wednesday ! So I'll be waiting longer! Same:biggrin:. I really want to know before Christmas but that's wishful thinking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I was hoping the same, but I dealt we will get one before christmas:smile:
Reply 75
First offer from UEA for Abb! So happy as I only applied as a risk choice as they asked for a b gcse maths which I didn't have (only got a c)! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by bambamx
i got a conditional offer from Bournemouth just now :biggrin:

Congratulations! ^.^ did you apply for marketing or marketing communications? Also how long did you have to wait for your offer?
Reply 77
Original post by J56
First offer from UEA for Abb! So happy as I only applied as a risk choice as they asked for a b gcse maths which I didn't have (only got a c)! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :3
Reply 78
Original post by Wizkidani
Congratulations! ^.^ did you apply for marketing or marketing communications? Also how long did you have to wait for your offer?

Thank you! i applied for marketing communications with a placement year. it took exactly 2 weeks. i've got 4/5 offers now i'm just waiting for Sussex which is where i really want to go. i'm not happy with my choices though i wish i thought more about where i applied. good luck! :smile:
Original post by bambamx
Thank you! i applied for marketing communications with a placement year. it took exactly 2 weeks. i've got 4/5 offers now i'm just waiting for Sussex which is where i really want to go. i'm not happy with my choices though i wish i thought more about where i applied. good luck! :smile:

Congrats :biggrin:
I'm not partially happy with my choices either but really, you only have to love 2 :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending