Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

So my lecturers have recommended a book for equity and trusts that costs around £30-40. It was published in June 2013 so it's relatively new. However, I've found a second edition book by the same authors for much cheaper and wondered if I should go for the second option or just buy the £30-40 one! The second edition book was published in 2011 so I guess there may have been a lot of changes in the newer edition.

Also, does anyone have any tips or hints on how to get a first in equity?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Distraught247)

Also, does anyone have any tips or hints on how to get a first in equity.
    Buy the up to date edition of the textbook.

95% of the law remains constant over long periods. Most of the work lawyers do in practice concerns these very stable areas of the law. However undergraduate courses tend to concentrate on difficult and fast moving areas of the law. That is why you need an up to date book. Once an area of law is settled, academics lose interest in it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I decided to go for the updated one too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You could have bought it from another student. But you got it anyway . I wish I knew how to get a 1st in equity haha. I hate the subject though, how are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I could have! The book came out in June 2013 :/ It's not bad so far it's a little boring but I try to stay focused and motivated. We've done the history of trusts, the family home and half of the three certainties. I really need a good grade because I didn't do too well last year and I'm trying to get my grade up. Ugh. So stressful! How are you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha I have the same issue of focus :|! We have done three certainties, formalities, resulting trusts and I think we have started constructive trusts. The subject just drains out all my energy and stamina. Awwh I am sure you will be fine . Are you a level 2 student?

ReputationRep:
    I actually think we've done formalities but I couldn't make any sense of it. But yeah, I think law generally does that to people haha and I'm a level 3 student :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hate equity overall! LOL
    Oh okay, so what other subjects/modules have you taken ?

ReputationRep:
    Family, commercial law, advanced EU. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.