The Student Room Group

Anyone here doing Catering/dt food?

Im doing Catering :biggrin:. How do you find it?

I do a practical once a week which is neat and theory is quiet easy all I need to do is memorize a few stuff.

This year were doing afternoon Tea if im correct so basically cakes,sandwhiches,sugary stuff that you would eat for tea :biggrin:.

Well I think were doing afternoon Tea for the whole of year 10 I may be wrong though.
I'm doing Food Tech and I hate it more than I've ever hated anything in my life (possibly). It sucks so bad and ugh. It's such a waste of a GCSE, but our school insist on us taking at least 1 technology. Arrghhhh
Original post by suzylemonade
I'm doing Food Tech and I hate it more than I've ever hated anything in my life (possibly). It sucks so bad and ugh. It's such a waste of a GCSE, but our school insist on us taking at least 1 technology. Arrghhhh

Ouch. I kinda enjoy food tech but I was thinking I should've chosen PE instead.

What do you guys do?
Reply 3
I'm in year 11 so doing my task 2 now. We did afternoon tea in year 10 and it was fairly easy, we were told not to do sandwiches because there's no skill level in them. I made Battenberg, palmiers (savoury), fruit tarts and macaroons and I got an A*. I wish I'd taken PE or something too, there's a load of written work to do which is easy but our teacher thought we were all thick.

Quick Reply

Latest