The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

Hello! so i'm in a dilemma at the moment.. my predicted grades are pretty low. Currently, I am sitting with ABC predicted, when my grades in AS were ABC also. I am going to retake the subjects that I did not get an A in hopes that I will get higher. I wanted to apply for universities such as Leicester, Southampton and exeter for psychology which is AAB so i know they won't even look at my application so I had to tweak my university choices.

So basically, since my predicted's are quite low and I know that I can achieve much higher, what happens if I 'over achieve' my predicted grades and get AAB for example? Will I have to wait for next year to reapply again to apply for a 'better' uni?? or is there an alternative?
You have May to decide.. and if you decide to firm one but over achieve in all subjects you can go through adjustment :smile: Though it is limited to people who get higher grades in ALL subjects
Original post by Portia1993
You have May to decide.. and if you decide to firm one but over achieve in all subjects you can go through adjustment :smile: Though it is limited to people who get higher grades in ALL subjects

This is absolute nonsense. You do NOT have to do better in ALL subjects.

All you have to do is exceed the terms of your firm offer. So if your offer is ABB and you achieve AAB you are eligible for adjustment. You do, however, have to meet the minimum grades for each subject - so A*A*C would not suffice in the above example.

EDIT: See http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/results/better-than-expected
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ageshallnot
This is absolute nonsense. You do NOT have to do better in ALL subjects.

All you have to do is exceed the terms of your firm offer. So if your offer is ABB and you achieve AAB you are eligible for adjustment. You do, however, have to meet the minimum grades for each subject - so A*A*C would not suffice in the above example.

EDIT: See http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/results/better-than-expected

Well it must have changed from last year then as this is what UCAS advisers have always said to me :')
Well it must have changed from last year then as this is what UCAS advisers have always said to me :')

They might well have said that, but it was the same last year.

You and/or they might well be confused by the requirement to at least meet every aspect of the firm offer - and then exceed it in some way.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5

They probably didn't explain it very clearly, but it's the same this year as it was last year. With adjustment you need to meet all of your offer conditions, but you only need to exceed it in one way.

OP you could go through adjustment if you exceed your offer conditions, however there is no guarantee that there will be a suitable course and this sort of last minute decision may not always be the best one. That being said, it is an option that works out well for some people, especially if you don't want to take a gap year.

The other option would be to wait next year. This gives you the benefit of having more time to make good choices and prepare for university. A gap year can also be a great experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending