Advice for an interview for Adult Nursing at BCU.... Watch

racheld26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I have an interview at Birmingham City on the 5th November for Adult Nursing, for course starting in January..

As anyone had the maths/english test at BCU? If so how did you find it, I struggle with maths :/

Also what kind of questions do you think they will ask?

Thanks for any help, good luck everyone!

Rachel
redblueberry
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Rachel,
How did your interview go? Were the tests hard? What sort of questions did they ask?
I have an interview on 25th November for mental health nursing and I'm really nervous!
bench!
Report 5 years ago
Hey Rachel, I am a first year Adult Nursing student at BCU.

Firstly, DO NOT panic about the maths/english tests, they are really easy!

Secondly, I am THE worst at maths and really worried about this before my interview... I found looking at the BBC bitesize maths GCSE website really helped, the maths involved is quite easy, just addition, subtraction, division, multiplications and unit conversions e.g. ml to L. When I looked at the help available on the bitesize website it all came back to me.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/

Thirdly, take your time, I made a really stupid mistake in my maths test and it said not to put units in your answer and I did, and as it is all electronic it came out as being wrong...
Taking your time in the interview is important too, I would also read up a bit on the Frances report as they did ask a bit about that in my interview and I only knew a bit about it and I think they would have preferred for me to have known more.

And lastly, Good Luck!!! I'm sure you will do great, post back how you got on and if you have any questions about the course or anything! I am willing to answer any questions!
Kirsten x
danidooda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This was really helpful thank you! I don't suppose you could give me some ideas on what to wear as well could you? its my first interview on the 3rd of February and I don't want to wear a full on suit because I thought it would be too formal but I know it can't be casual either! any ideas would be much appreciated!
racheld26
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hiya on my interview I just wore black trousers, a nice shirt & some dolly shoes. So was pretty plain tbh Good luck though, the interviewers and staff are really friendly so don't be nervous! I got accepted so if you want any other advice let me know Rachel
danidooda
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Awww thanks for the help! I think ill probably wear anything along those lines then awww well done! Hopefully I'll be joining you! Did you get given a scenario that you had to say how you would react? Have you had any interviews anywhere else? Danielle
LouLou14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Interview tips for Bcu interview to study adult nursing? What's the english test like and what kind of questions do they ask in the interview? Thank you x
danidooda
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LouLou14)
Interview tips for Bcu interview to study adult nursing? What's the english test like and what kind of questions do they ask in the interview? Thank you x
Hey! I had my interview at BCU for adult nursing on Monday and yesterday (Friday) I received a conditional offer from them which I'm over the moon about! the whole day was relaxed to be fair, I was really nervous but everyone there is in the same situation and once you get talking to other people, it makes you feel more relaxed! The maths and English tests were both fine! They were the same style questions as the ones on the practice ones on the website! Nothing to worry about! The Interview questions were the ones you would expect: why do you want to do nursing? What skills do you have from past experience that will help you? etc and the were also 2 scenario questions hope all this has helped! good luck for your interview!
Danielle x

Posted from TSR Mobile
LouLou14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by danidooda)
Hey! I had my interview at BCU for adult nursing on Monday and yesterday (Friday) I received a conditional offer from them which I'm over the moon about! the whole day was relaxed to be fair, I was really nervous but everyone there is in the same situation and once you get talking to other people, it makes you feel more relaxed! The maths and English tests were both fine! They were the same style questions as the ones on the practice ones on the website! Nothing to worry about! The Interview questions were the ones you would expect: why do you want to do nursing? What skills do you have from past experience that will help you? etc and the were also 2 scenario questions hope all this has helped! good luck for your interview!
Danielle x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations on your offer! Thank you for the advice, it don't seem too stressful so fingers crossed, I feel so much more relaxed now about it so thanks again x
danidooda
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Congratulations on your offer! Thank you for the advice, it don't seem too stressful so fingers crossed, I feel so much more relaxed now about it so thanks again x
Thank you! I'm so happy that I've been offered a place! awww it's no problem! I'm glad I could help! I was really nervous about it all but once you get there and start talking to other people, it makes you feel a bit more relaxed! No problem! Good luck with your interview!

Danielle xxx
LouLou14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you! I'm so happy that I've been offered a place! awww it's no problem! I'm glad I could help! I was really nervous about it all but once you get there and start talking to other people, it makes you feel a bit more relaxed! No problem! Good luck with your interview!

Danielle xxx
Hi Danielle

I had my interview yesterday, the tests were fine but I was do nervous in the interview and I feel I messed up but I don't know maybe it went ok and I'm just stressing for nothing lol.

Louise xxx
danidooda
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Danielle

I had my interview yesterday, the tests were fine but I was do nervous in the interview and I feel I messed up but I don't know maybe it went ok and I'm just stressing for nothing lol.

Louise xxx
Hey Louise!

Awww I'm glad the tests went okay for you I think you should just try and stay positive, I feel like I messed up on my interview too because it was the first one I had and I was really nervous but they would take that into consideration I didn't know what I thought of my interview either but I still got an offer just try and stay positive and you'll probably find out in the next few days Good luck!

Danielle xxx
LouLou14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey Louise!

Awww I'm glad the tests went okay for you I think you should just try and stay positive, I feel like I messed up on my interview too because it was the first one I had and I was really nervous but they would take that into consideration I didn't know what I thought of my interview either but I still got an offer just try and stay positive and you'll probably find out in the next few days Good luck!

Danielle xxx
Thank you, I'm staying positive ( well trying my best) I will find out very soon and I just hope I've got a place but I had a question about how I cope with stress and I have such a stupid answer, I said I would have a little cry when I got home with no one was about it go for a jog to clear my head and now I think they were probably looking for answers such as talk to someone about my stresses or make some me time but I just hope they realise I was so nervous and couldn't think straight at the time but I will ketch know soon, how I got on and thanks again for your reassurance xxx
LouLou14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bench!)
Hey Rachel, I am a first year Adult Nursing student at BCU.

Firstly, DO NOT panic about the maths/english tests, they are really easy!

Secondly, I am THE worst at maths and really worried about this before my interview... I found looking at the BBC bitesize maths GCSE website really helped, the maths involved is quite easy, just addition, subtraction, division, multiplications and unit conversions e.g. ml to L. When I looked at the help available on the bitesize website it all came back to me.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/

Thirdly, take your time, I made a really stupid mistake in my maths test and it said not to put units in your answer and I did, and as it is all electronic it came out as being wrong...
Taking your time in the interview is important too, I would also read up a bit on the Frances report as they did ask a bit about that in my interview and I only knew a bit about it and I think they would have preferred for me to have known more.

And lastly, Good Luck!!! I'm sure you will do great, post back how you got on and if you have any questions about the course or anything! I am willing to answer any questions!
Kirsten x
Hey, Ive got a question, I had my interview on Friday 28th of February to study adult nursing but haven't had a reply yet but a lot of people have had offers who had their interviews the same time, Im thinking now, I must have been unsuccessful but they did say I would hear in 7days but im so impatient lol xx
Broken_crystal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, Ive got a question, I had my interview on Friday 28th of February to study adult nursing but haven't had a reply yet but a lot of people have had offers who had their interviews the same time, Im thinking now, I must have been unsuccessful but they did say I would hear in 7days but im so impatient lol xx
Same I've had mine on the 28th as well for adult branch and it's 7days today still nothing which Is getting me worried, also most ppl tht I know who had their interview on the 27th got rejected
Hopefully we get in tell me if u hear anything
LouLou14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Broken_crystal)
Same I've had mine on the 28th as well for adult branch and it's 7days today still nothing which Is getting me worried, also most ppl tht I know who had their interview on the 27th got rejected
Hopefully we get in tell me if u hear anything
I'm praying for us before, if we haven't heard nothing yet, there might be some hope yet. Let me know if you hear anything too x
MrsMum10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi.. I am applying for adult nursing too. Mine was on the afternoon at 12:30 a week ago. I had a pleasant time at BCU, I felt relax and was able to talk about myself on the interview.. Maths and english was okey as well, it was straightforward.. I was told that after 7days i will find the result,,, I just cant wait to know... I have never been attached to my email before as it has been the last 3days... Just checking... I hope we get all what we hope for guysxxx
LouLou14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MrsMum10)
Hi.. I am applying for adult nursing too. Mine was on the afternoon at 12:30 a week ago. I had a pleasant time at BCU, I felt relax and was able to talk about myself on the interview.. Maths and english was okey as well, it was straightforward.. I was told that after 7days i will find the result,,, I just cant wait to know... I have never been attached to my email before as it has been the last 3days... Just checking... I hope we get all what we hope for guysxxx
Was your interview on the Friday or Saturday? Yeah same here, it was really relaxed. That's what they said to me, 7 days not including today so it was 7 days exactly on Saturday but I've still not heard so it must be 7 working days which would include Monday to Friday so I should find out on Tuesday the latest. The wait is horrible and as time goes on, I think I must be unsuccessful, I will be so gutted but wont give up trying. Ive applied for October intake, what about you? Good luck to us all and I hope we all get in. I don't know anyone whos been unsuccessful after their interview yet at bcu for adult nursing? Do you? xxx
MrsMum10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi.. Friday the 28th @ 1230.. Me too.. October intake... I am staying positive, Bcu was over all a great uni for me,, i love the seacole building, defo will not be lost in that building compare to other campus.. I have friends already who got offers who had interviews before me and it'll be great to start adult nursing w/them.. It has been the 6th working day today from our interview and I can feel that the results are coming v soon.. I do pray we get in xxx
LouLou14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MrsMum10)
Hi.. Friday the 28th @ 1230.. Me too.. October intake... I am staying positive, Bcu was over all a great uni for me,, i love the seacole building, defo will not be lost in that building compare to other campus.. I have friends already who got offers who had interviews before me and it'll be great to start adult nursing w/them.. It has been the 6th working day today from our interview and I can feel that the results are coming v soon.. I do pray we get in xxx
Positive thoughts we will know soon and I pray too that we get in xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
11.11%
Disagree (3)
8.33%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.78%
Agree (11)
30.56%
Strongly Agree (8)
22.22%

Watched Threads