Urgently help on this D1 question

Watch
This discussion is closed.
l33t h4x0r
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
this question appeared on past D1 paper which i cannot find a solution...so if any of u got a solution for D1 paper please post it up!!! Im kind stuck with this question right now, please HELP!!!
here's the question:
A manager wishes to purchase seats for a new cinema. He wishes to buy three types of seat; standard, deluxe and majestic. Let the number of standard, deluxe and majestic seats to be bought be x, y and z respectively.
He decides that the total number of deluxe and majestic seats should be at most half of the number of standard seats.
The number of deluxe seats should be at least 10% and at most 20% of the total number of seats.
The number of majestic seats should be at least half of the number of deluxe seats.
The total number of seats should be at least 250.
Standard, deluxe and majestic seats each cost £20, £26 and £36, respectively.
The manager wishes to minimize the total cost, £C, of the seats.
Formulate this situation as a linear programming problem, simplifying your inequalities so that all the coefficients are integers.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by l33t h4x0r
this question appeared on past D1 paper which i cannot find a solution...so if any of u got a solution for D1 paper please post it up!!! Im kind stuck with this question right now, please HELP!!!
here's the question:
A manager wishes to purchase seats for a new cinema. He wishes to buy three types of seat; standard, deluxe and majestic. Let the number of standard, deluxe and majestic seats to be bought be x, y and z respectively.
He decides that the total number of deluxe and majestic seats should be at most half of the number of standard seats.
The number of deluxe seats should be at least 10% and at most 20% of the total number of seats.
The number of majestic seats should be at least half of the number of deluxe seats.
The total number of seats should be at least 250.
Standard, deluxe and majestic seats each cost £20, £26 and £36, respectively.
The manager wishes to minimize the total cost, £C, of the seats.
Formulate this situation as a linear programming problem,
simplifying your inequalities so that all the coefficients are integers.
y + z <= 1/2x ===> 2(y+z) <= x
y>=10/100(x+y+z) ===> x + z <= 9y
y>=20/100(x+y+z) ===> x + z >= 4y
z>=1/2y ====> 2z >= y

x+y+z>=250

function is to minimise cost = 20x + 26y + 36z

its pretty late but i think thats right
good luck tomorrow
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (17)
7.83%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
6.45%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (45)
20.74%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (28)
12.9%
No, nothing has changed (73)
33.64%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (40)
18.43%

Watched Threads