Turn on thread page Beta

Euthanasia - For or Against? Why? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have to ask peoples opinions on euthanasia for my research project. So what do you think. For euthanasia? Against euthanasia? Sitting on the fence? Why?

Contributors will remain anonymous.

Sophie.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieleannexo)
    I have to ask peoples opinions on euthanasia for my research project. So what do you think. For euthanasia? Against euthanasia? Sitting on the fence? Why?Contributors will remain anonymous. Sophie.Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where's the poll yo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greybear1011)
    Where's the poll yo?
    I would rather have written responses. It's a large research project. I don't want it to be a statistical analysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the fence.

I think it should be dealt with on a case by case basis.

ReputationRep:
    For. Simply because NO-ONE should have any say over who ends your life apart from yourself. Denying someone the right to die is an example of people sticking their moral views above someone's suffering.

I'm doing it for a project module next semester so I'll probably have more to think about once I've started doing it in seminars.

ReputationRep:
    Should be allowed.

I disagree with the notion of anyone else having a say over whether I should be allowed to end my own life or not. As long as I am a competent individual, it should be allowed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocrypha)
    On the fence.

I think it should be dealt with on a case by case basis.
    Why do you think it should be case to case basis? Who should be euthanized and who shouldn't?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For.
    Your life your choice.

ReputationRep:
    For - because if people are suffering they should have the right to die with the aid of someone. Personally, Id rather die than have an illness as severe as something like Locked in Syndrome. Death is something private, if someone wants to die for 'appropriate' reasons, they should be able to. It should be regulated however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    For. Simply because NO-ONE should have any say over who ends your life apart from yourself. Denying someone the right to die is an example of people sticking their moral views above someone's suffering.

I'm doing it for a project module next semester so I'll probably have more to think about once I've started doing it in seminars.
    Do we have the right to die when we want to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For. Everyone should have the right to end their own life assisted if it's their decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Should be allowed. I don't really see why the state should be stopping people making the decision to end their own life if they are competent to do so.
    If they aren't competent? Who makes the decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Another Girly)
    For.
    Your life your choice.
    Why is it your choice? We don't have control over our own death.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Against.

No matter what the patient asked for, the person performing the Euthanasia is still responsible for taking away someone's life.
    Imagine, if, in the last 5 seconds before a patient is dying from Euthanasia, they regret their own decision to take away their own life.... and then it's too late.... The person who performed the Euthanasia would be held responsible for taking away that person's life. A person's life is their human right. And to take away a person's life is basically taking away their human right.

ReputationRep:
    I would rather have written responses. It's a large research project. I don't want it to be a statistical analysis. Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm for. I don't see anything wrong it.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think it should be case to case basis? Who should be euthanized and who shouldn't?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone who say for example, has been completely paralyzed after an accident should be given the benefit of making his/her own decision.

Whereas I dont agree with a perfectly normal person deciding they want to kill themself.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well yeah definitely. We live our own lives, I can't see why anyone should have the right to say we aren't allowed to end it ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonziggy)
    For - because if people are suffering they should have the right to die with the aid of someone. Personally, Id rather die than have an illness as severe as something like Locked in Syndrome. Death is something private, if someone wants to die for 'appropriate' reasons, they should be able to. It should be regulated however.
    How could it be regulated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I think so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMoho)
    Against.

No matter what the patient asked for, the person performing the Euthanasia is still responsible for taking away someone's life.
    Imagine, if, in the last 5 seconds before a patient is dying from Euthanasia, they regret their own decision to take away their own life.... and then it's too late.... The person who performed the Euthanasia would be held responsible for taking away that person's life. A person's life is their human right. And to take away a person's life is basically taking away their human right.
    Yeah, a person's life is their human right, so why shouldn't they have the right to do what they want with it?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.