The Student Room Group

Confused... Job interview at Primark

I had applied for about 15 open positions at various Primarks and got invited to attend an interview which I had yesterday. The woman said that she would also be interviewing people today and that if I was successful, I would go to an induction on the 2nd. However I got an email saying:
Hi [name],

Thank you for your application for the role.

After careful consideration, we have decided not to progress your application any further for this position.

Although you have not been selected at this time, we value your interest in Primark and welcome you to apply again in the future.

You can keep up to date with our latest career opportunities by visiting the Recruitment section of our website.
Thank you again for your interest in Primark and good luck with your job search,

Primark Recruitment Team
Does this look like a rejection from my interview or one from the other jobs at Primark that I applied for? The status of my application for the one I was interviewed for is still 'at interview process' and not 'unsuccessful'. Does this mean I haven't been rejected yet?
(edited 10 years ago)
OP, it DOES sound like it's the generic email that gets sent out after the first stage. So don't worry.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by eyes_2012
I had applied for about 15 open positions at various Primarks and got invited to attend an interview which I had yesterday. The woman said that she would also be interviewing people today and that if I was successful, I would go to an induction on the 2nd. However I got an email saying: Does this look like a rejection from my interview or one from the other jobs at Primark that I applied for? The status of my application for the one I was interviewed for is still 'at interview process' and not 'unsuccessful'. Does this mean I haven't been rejected yet?

It looks as if you have either (a) received your interview decision response by email and the status hasn't yet been updated on the website or (b) received a straight rejection for another role. Normally, a position reference will be quoted. If it hasn't, you should ask.
Original post by eyes_2012
I had applied for about 15 open positions at various Primarks and got invited to attend an interview which I had yesterday. The woman said that she would also be interviewing people today and that if I was successful, I would go to an induction on the 2nd. However I got an email saying: Does this look like a rejection from my interview or one from the other jobs at Primark that I applied for? The status of my application for the one I was interviewed for is still 'at interview process' and not 'unsuccessful'. Does this mean I haven't been rejected yet?

When I got rejected from an interview I had at Primark I got that same email, the application status takes a while to change...but that can also be about other positions you've applied so I don't know :X
Reply 4
Original post by patriciandre
When I got rejected from an interview I had at Primark I got that same email, the application status takes a while to change...but that can also be about other positions you've applied so I don't know :X

Panic over! I got the job this morning :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending