The Student Room Group

20/starting Uni PLEASE HELP

Hi, my name is Kate, and I'm currently resitting some A Level modules which means I won't likely be starting Uni until I'm 20. This severely disheartens me as I'm being made to feel that I haven't gone about things the 'correct' way and I'm having major concerns. For example, if I enter Uni at 20, will all my flatmates in my hall of residence predominanently be 18? Or not? Will I stick out with them as I'm older or do 20 year old's live in Halls too? Will I enjoy Freshers or will they all be 18? I'm sorry if this thread sounds ridiculous, but this is seriously worrying me and any advice/information from current Uni students would be seriously appreciated! Thankyou so much.
Hey Kate, I'm 18 but I've found that I'm actually one of the youngest, especially as my birthday is in June. Most of my friends are almost 19 or are already 19 as they have been on a gap year. Some of my friends are already 20 as they took gap years and have September/October birthdays. There's honestly no need to worry, especially as you don't generally know how old everyone is (unless you ask or go to their birthday party)
Reply 2
Thankyou for replying! Are there 19/20 year olds living in your hall/flat with you?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending