The Student Room Group

Can you know for sure whether a someone is interested....

If you don't know her at all. I'm only asking as I don't drink much and therefore don't go out to clubs all to much. I see girls in my lectures and societies but don't know whether they're interested or not. Plus, it's hard to tell.... when everyone is in like little groups and you're the only one by yourself during class. I just don't wanna miss out as I do have a crush, but when you don't even know her name/don't sit next to her, it's hard to go up to her. I'm only asking as I don't wanna miss out on my chances, as I feel in the past I have let myself and maybe the girls I've had a crush on slip away by not making a move to get to know each other.
If you lick her on the ear and she doesn't recoil in horror then she may have an interest in you. However, if she does recoil it might not mean that she's not interested in you. She just might find being licked on the ear slightly strange, and you can understand her logic. Thus, the so-called earlick test is hit and miss. However, a better indicator is yet to be found.
Reply 2
No harm in trying but I don't think there is any way to know for absolute certain unless you are Sherlock Holmes or something.
Dude there is no 100% way of knowing . This isnt primary school where rumours would get passed that X fancied X then they would say we are now boyfriend and girlfriend. Society would have you believe that attraction is instantaneous and all relationships are formed of pure attraction upon meet of both parties .

Being a guy means you have to take chances , there is no guarantee that she likes you but so ****ing what . You have to assume she does , its the best way .

Approach her , get to know her a bit , don't validate your approach i.e asking for directions when you really want to talk to her because it will make you look like a pussy. If she rejects you straight off then so ****ing what there are a thousand other girls at uni , at least you didn't waste any time and if she doesn't you may have a date .
No, if you could just tell life would be so much easier. But also more boring.

As it is, you have to make your own luck here so go up and introduce yourself and see what happens. Even if it never occurred to her to fancy you before, a confident and charming pitch might just win you a date. The worst that could happen is she says 'no thanks'.
Reply 5
In most situations you can't tell, sometimes it is glaringly obvious but on others you just have to take a chance.

But the thing is, you think that the girl in question would be horrified and disgusted if you have misread the signs (at least that's what I used to think) but the truth is they will probably take it as a complement and it wont be a huge deal like you think it will be.
Reply 6
Original post by Sazh
If you don't know her at all. I'm only asking as I don't drink much and therefore don't go out to clubs all to much. I see girls in my lectures and societies but don't know whether they're interested or not. Plus, it's hard to tell.... when everyone is in like little groups and you're the only one by yourself during class. I just don't wanna miss out as I do have a crush, but when you don't even know her name/don't sit next to her, it's hard to go up to her. I'm only asking as I don't wanna miss out on my chances, as I feel in the past I have let myself and maybe the girls I've had a crush on slip away by not making a move to get to know each other.

Mr. Katzroy, listen to my advice. Sit very close or next to her, wear a nice fragrance and then talk to her. You could start off with a general question or remark (only talk about positive things though). Even if nothing becomes of this later, you will feel satisfied and you will get better at it. Trust me man, Dajh needs a charming father to find him a new mother.
Reply 7
Original post by Innuendo
Mr. Katzroy, listen to my advice. Sit very close or next to her, wear a nice fragrance and then talk to her. You could start off with a general question or remark (only talk about positive things though). Even if nothing becomes of this later, you will feel satisfied and you will get better at it. Trust me man, Dajh needs a charming father to find him a new mother.

lol. I'm not as much of a gentlemen as Sazh xD. I can initiate a conversation, but I'm not good at keeping it up, never mind with girls even with guys in my classes. I'm actually more like Hope when it comes to girls....they think I'm too friendly to be with, or babyish in regards to looks. But, at least I'm not Mr.Hero (Snow).
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Dude there is no 100% way of knowing . This isnt primary school where rumours would get passed that X fancied X then they would say we are now boyfriend and girlfriend. Society would have you believe that attraction is instantaneous and all relationships are formed of pure attraction upon meet of both parties .

Being a guy means you have to take chances , there is no guarantee that she likes you but so ****ing what . You have to assume she does , its the best way .

Approach her , get to know her a bit , don't validate your approach i.e asking for directions when you really want to talk to her because it will make you look like a pussy. If she rejects you straight off then so ****ing what there are a thousand other girls at uni , at least you didn't waste any time and if she doesn't you may have a date .

As much as I find it hard to face, I think you may be right. And thanks on suggesting not using a justification - like asking for direction - hoping to get something out of it. I've tried these things a lot of times.....
Reply 8
Why are women so hard to read, do they do this on purpose?
Reply 9
Original post by Sazh
lol. I'm not as much of a gentlemen as Sazh xD. I can initiate a conversation, but I'm not good at keeping it up, never mind with girls even with guys in my classes. I'm actually more like Hope when it comes to girls....they think I'm too friendly to be with, or babyish in regards to looks. But, at least I'm not Mr.Hero (Snow).

I seriously get them feels bro, initiation is fine but engaging in a longer conversation is tricky. I'll be working on that though.
Only difference for me is that I think that girls see the opposite of babyish in me in terms of looks, so perhaps they expect more from a conversation than what they get? I'll work on that too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending