The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU social accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AJA14
hmm do you either you guys know what its like for parking around there?

I went there to visit a friend a few weeks back and there is parking and there was security there all night so seemed pretty secure :smile:
Liverpool
Reply 21
Original post by AJA14
im 21 and will be joining you guys this year! However stuck on what accommodation to pick....

I'm 22 and going Grenville street, literally can't wait :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Smeech5
I'm 22 and going Grenville street, literally can't wait :smile:

ahh cool..what are you studying? Grenville was my favourite choice, just not to sure what to do with my car , re to placements and stuff....
Reply 23
Original post by AJA14
ahh cool..what are you studying? Grenville was my favourite choice, just not to sure what to do with my car , re to placements and stuff....

Worked in events so doing events management :smile:

Yeah I was looking at parking too, but decided to sell my car as off travelling again before starting in Sept. Can't remember if GS had parking or not?
Reply 24
Original post by Smeech5
Worked in events so doing events management :smile:

Yeah I was looking at parking too, but decided to sell my car as off travelling again before starting in Sept. Can't remember if GS had parking or not?

Nice :smile: I work in the mental health service, now looking to become a police officer...

hmm I don't even know whether to get rid of mine. No GS doesn't have parking, however have been told im eligible for a residents permit but then its just all the hassell with insurance...mehhhh

Where you off travelling? oh feel free to add me on FB...Amy Likescakes :smile:
Think Victoria Hall is taking my fancy.
im guna be studying business and applying to grand central tomorrow!!! buzzing!!!
Reply 27
Well I get told whether I've got a room next week so I'll let you guys know if you're staying in same block or floor as me if you go Grand Central :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by AJA14
im 21 and will be joining you guys this year! However stuck on what accommodation to pick....

I applied yesterday & out my choices down as Grenville street, grand central & Apollo court. Grenville street just looks so nice, but still deciding on whether or not it's better to go for grand central because of its location haha
Original post by lesa
I applied yesterday & out my choices down as Grenville street, grand central & Apollo court. Grenville street just looks so nice, but still deciding on whether or not it's better to go for grand central because of its location haha

I had the exact same problem haha! In the end I went for grand central because its close to everything and supposed to have a great atmosphere for parties because its huge and full of new students :smile: I went to visit my friend at grand central a few weeks back and its not as modern but the rooms once they've got all your own things in are really nice :smile: Hope this helps! X
Reply 30
Original post by CourtneyN18
I had the exact same problem haha! In the end I went for grand central because its close to everything and supposed to have a great atmosphere for parties because its huge and full of new students :smile: I went to visit my friend at grand central a few weeks back and its not as modern but the rooms once they've got all your own things in are really nice :smile: Hope this helps! X

Ah really! Well I've out Grenville as my first choice already unfortunately :/ yeah when I went to see grand central I thought the rooms were far nicer than they look!
Reply 31
Hey Guys, I'm 20 this year, and I'm thinking of applying to Grand Central too! Would be nice to get to know people before September. :biggrin:
Reply 32
I've put Grenville Street down as my first choice. I haven't even seen the accommodation yet, has anyone else? I'll be 20 when i start too!
Reply 33
Naa. I haven't seen any either. Haha.
Reply 34
Original post by holz02
I've put Grenville Street down as my first choice. I haven't even seen the accommodation yet, has anyone else? I'll be 20 when i start too!

Hey :smile: Grenville is my first choice too! I'll be 22 when starting
Is it in a couple of days, we hear back about our accommodation?
Original post by sparkysarmy
Is it in a couple of days, we hear back about our accommodation?

I've just got an email confirming my place at grand central so I guess you should hear from them soon! :smile:
Original post by CourtneyN18
I've just got an email confirming my place at grand central so I guess you should hear from them soon! :smile:

Thanks for letting me know :smile: Just got my email from Victora Halls but realised the £250 is going to screw me over as i'm going to Thailand in less than 2 weeks.
just got an email confirming i've got a room at grand central, think we'll find out which actual room/floor in the next couple days
Reply 39
Ah I still haven't received anything back :frown: hopefully I get one at GC!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending