The Student Room Group

Is it true

That you can only properly get over your ex until you meet someone new?
Not necessarily, but it takes your mind off of it the most I suppose
Reply 2
When you meet someone new, you wonder why you even dated your ex in the first place.
No, but it certainly makes it easier.

Unless it's too soon and you're rebounding.
Reply 4
I actually think there is something in that. I believe people think about the last person they loved/were with. From personal experience, even when I'm single, I think about my last ex even if not very much. I will think about good memories etc every now and then. Then I meet someone new and it all vanishes and soon you wonder why on earth you went out with the last one.

With time, you can probably get over someone with no new someone, but maybe not truly and fully. Your last love is always there.

Of course this only applies when a relationship involves love or other strong feelings. Rebounds aren't classified by their time, a rebound is someone you get with after your last (either directly or after some time) when you specifically use them, consciously or subconsciously, to try and make yourself feel better, but there are no real or true feelings involved - which is why it always fails miserably and doesn't help you move on at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending