The Student Room Group

What do I do if a girl who used to like me just ignores me now?

Hi everyone.

My problem is that I met a girl in the sixth form I'm at and we got on well for a month, but then I asked her out. She said yes, but someone who knew I liked her spread a rumour about me and her which made things very awkward. Now she won't even tell me whether she likes me or not. Perhaps she's taken advantage of the fact that she's smarter and much better at sport and music than me, and figured she's to good, but I can only guess, and if that was the case for every girl, I'd never get a girlfriend.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Archurus23
Hi everyone.

My problem is that I met a girl in the sixth form I'm at and we got on well for a month, but then I asked her out. She said yes, but someone who knew I liked her spread a rumour about me and her which made things very awkward. Now she won't even tell me whether she likes me or not. Perhaps she's taken advantage of the fact that she's smarter and much better at sport and music than me, and figured she's to good, but I can only guess, and if that was the case for every girl, I'd never get a girlfriend.

I know that situations like these are always hard and confusing. The best thing you can do is give her space. What I mean by that is let her think about things, maybe you can ask her if she still likes you IN PERSON, but I know that's not always a step you might not feel comfortable with. I'm in a similar situation where I was with this boy for a couple of months. I ended the relationship due to reasons and I always text him and message him. But he never seems to respond. So the best thing is to stop texting her but try to have small talk every now and then and build it up from there I guess... I hope things work out for you :smile:
Reply 2
Hi everyone.

Stop putting yourself down, at the end of the day, if she's acting funny towards you, then you need to move on and find someone else,
Reply 4
One more thing. Could this mean she doesn't like me? We're going to be seeing a lot of each other, so it can either be enjoyable or very awkward. We're doing three of the same subjects, so we should be helping each other, not having to give each other distance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks you guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Sorry to bring this up again. I tried moving on and it worked in the sense that I no longer care what she thinks of me, but sadly I can't get her off my mind, and also, I haven't been able to find another girl that likes me. Meanwhile she's completely brushed me off and only talks to me when she needs something from me. I don't know what to do. I still have another year of sixth form to go with her, and I can't avoid her forever. I tried to tell her she broke my heart but she wouldn't listen to me. I'm sorry but I need help please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone.

F*** her right in the p***y
Reply 8
I must add that I have given her all the space she needed and tried with other girls but that was unsuccessful and I have reason to believe that giving her space will be a permanent fixture

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Ben_Dover

If I could have, there wouldn't be a problem mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I could have, there wouldn't be a problem mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where there's a will, there's a way
Where there's a will, there's a way

Not in my case

Posted from TSR Mobile

You gotta play the game...It won't be handed to you on a plate
I did play the game

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any other advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You say she talks to you when she needs stuff...why are you doing stuff for her?

Just ignore her and try to move on. It may take some time, but it will eventually happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
You say she talks to you when she needs stuff...why are you doing stuff for her?

Just ignore her and try to move on. It may take some time, but it will eventually happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I keep thinking she'll like me again even though I know better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17

Great advice this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Great advice this

Posted from TSR Mobile

What can I say, right to the point