The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colbert
Liverpool won the league in the first season on my game.

Tottenham did on mine. City almost won it in the second season but crumbled epicly in the last few games and were pipped on the last day by a point by Man Utd
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Just wondering where you got that add on (I'm guessing) database from where you can play as Loughborough Uni?

Here you go.

Download that, start a new game (make sure you follow the instructions in the thread), and you can play down to level 11.

To give you an idea of how low down level 11 is, if you think of your crappiest local team, they are probably on there!
Original post by mackemforever
Here you go.

Download that, start a new game (make sure you follow the instructions in the thread), and you can play down to level 11.

To give you an idea of how low down level 11 is, if you think of your crappiest local team, they are probably on there!

Cheers. I'll have a look at what teams are on around my area.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9403
Started a new game on FM10 as Aston Villa. Really enjoying it!
In the first season I managed to get them into a solid 7th place, but the definite highlight was winning the UEFA cup. In the second season, Im in March and I've won the Carling cup, 3rd in the league and in the semi-final of the uefa, but i think im going to get knocked out as it's AC Milan, and I'm 2-0 down after the first leg..

Can anyone explain this though; last season my main goalscorer was Agbonlahor. His record was this.
Despite that, he was never called up to England? Is there some flaw with the game?! How can he not have been called up?
I'm really bad at managing national teams. Just got sacked by Brazil [tbf 2-2 with Mexico in a match I dominated isn't a sackable offence :colonhash:] and got the Argentina job not long after. Lost 3-1 to Australia :facepalm2: but again, I dominated and one of the goals was a shot from their own half :angry:
i through i would have a little bit off fun, start a new game unemployed, with a sunday league rep, and do the normal go on holiday apply to all jobs take me off holiday when i have a offer, end of October, BSN side Droylsden offered a job, they was 18th in the league, predicted to be in the top 3, managed to get the team promoted and win the league, free transfer are a life saver, they have no youth facilities, so no intake off youth players, again just jumping on all the free transfer youth players that have been released from higher clubs are normally pretty good for this level off football, currently lying 2nd in the BSP, if i build up rep and get a better job offer i may move on or if i get sacked :p:

also loaded alot more counties than i normally would so, see what places come free, and for some reason in the first season Fulham finished 3rd
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9406
Original post by TI-84
Can anyone explain this though; last season my main goalscorer was Agbonlahor. His record was this.
Despite that, he was never called up to England? Is there some flaw with the game?! How can he not have been called up?
International managers seem to like picking players based on their reputation rather than their talent. The likes of Wayne Rooney may not have been so prolific in front of goal but they'll still be the more familiar name to people so he gets called up. It's the same way in real life to some degree - Rooney hadn't scored in an international tournament since the group stage of Euro 2004 and hadn't scored a goal in any competition since March 2010 and yet he was still plastered in the media as being the one that would drive England on to world cup success in the summer.

Original post by Seanisonfire
Just got sacked by Brazil [tbf 2-2 with Mexico in a match I dominated isn't a sackable offence :colonhash:]
You were managing Brazil. You need to understand that anything short of a win will always be considered a sackable offence when you're in that job :p: It's the one and only job in the game that I would automatically turn down purely because I know that it's got a reputation for being completely unrelenting.
Reply 9407
Original post by Dalimyr
International managers seem to like picking players based on their reputation rather than their talent. The likes of Wayne Rooney may not have been so prolific in front of goal but they'll still be the more familiar name to people so he gets called up. It's the same way in real life to some degree - Rooney hadn't scored in an international tournament since the group stage of Euro 2004 and hadn't scored a goal in any competition since March 2010 and yet he was still plastered in the media as being the one that would drive England on to world cup success in the summer.

You were managing Brazil. You need to understand that anything short of a win will always be considered a sackable offence when you're in that job :p: It's the one and only job in the game that I would automatically turn down purely because I know that it's got a reputation for being completely unrelenting.

Interesting, how long would it take for a players reputation to rise?
I mean he's scored 49 league goals in 64 appearances, and the AI keeps picking A.Young who I sold to Inter and has played 5 league appearances in March :s-smilie:
Original post by TI-84
Interesting, how long would it take for a players reputation to rise?
I mean he's scored 49 league goals in 64 appearances, and the AI keeps picking A.Young who I sold to Inter and has played 5 league appearances in March :s-smilie:

don't you need to be playing higher level off football, like champion league, mine you on one off my saves at dagenham i brought in a few youngest under 21 who have been class and have been called up to the england team, and they haven't even played in the champion league yet, but their rep is world class
ordered the game off amazon for £16.00:smile: looking forward to starting a season sunday league manager...give myself a real test:smile:
Original post by King CalZ
ordered the game off amazon for £16.00:smile: looking forward to starting a season sunday league manager...give myself a real test:smile:

i ordered it off amazon sunday.

really want it to hurry >:]
I have about 45mil to splash out :awesome:

Squad did pretty well in winning everything so now I'm torn about how much upheaval the squad actually requires.
Reply 9412
The core of my squad is pretty good now, even have solid cover for when Torres and Gerrard get injured, so i'm no spending the majority of my money on Youngsters.

Ideally I want a quality left back, but I can't seem to find any that are better than Insua without paying crazy amounts of money
Left back is always my problem area. Got rid of Jose Angel in then end, amazing stats but never performs. Got Martin Olsson in, in my experience he's usually pretty reliable.
I have a brazillian guy called Dante at LB, good pace but poor acceleration, aggression 18 AND dives into tackles. 17 yellows and 3 red cards last season. :facepalm2:

He does average over 7.10 though! :excited:
Since I bought Olsson Emanuelson has started to get on it like a bastard.

I also love Dzeko even more each time I buy him. Vice captain, fan favourite, top scorer. :fluffy:
Reply 9416
Ordered it earlier :excited:
whats the new one like guys? what are some of the best new features :biggrin:
FM10 - I updated the graphics on mine to include some new club badges I downloaded and it's wiped my manager picture. Is there any way I can return it to the picture I had?
Reply 9419
to follow up the season where i only conceded 13 goals in the premier league all year, 19 games into this season and i've already reached that tally. But not to worry, the team seem to be in free scoring form despite the 4 month injury to Torres, as I brought Dzeko in for free and after a slow start he's been terrific!

I also brought in a young striker called Gauno, with the plan to sell Lukaku as he hasn't progressed as much as I would have liked.

Balotelli has also been a useful signing and suprisingly hasn't kicked up a fuss about being used as a bit part player! But i'm just waiting to the day that he wants to leave, as he's 23 now and will probably want regualr first team football soon!

And finally i spent the best £200k ever on a regen called Merji (or something like that), has the potential to become one of the star DMC's of the Premier League and scored on his professional debut against Aston Villa at the age of 16 :biggrin:

Latest