The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
chooka
I would like to get the best out of my young stars but i am unsure how to do that. should i train them at under 18's as long as possible, even if they are really good or should i move them into first team traning but not let them play? or try and make them play as much as possible in the first team as well as train there?
any help on training youngsters would be fantastic thanks...

I generally keep them in the youth squad until they're 17-18 and have them be tutored by the more experienced members of my first team squad, and then send them out on loan to clubs which will play them regularly. I try not to just leave them not playing games, or stick them in the first team too early as one of my more promising players (touted as the next Totti) suddenly lost some ability and didn't develop as well. Not a com[pletely scientific assessment but it was enough to scare me away from sticking 16 year olds in the first team.
With Barnet my balance is -£358,000 lol

Is there a certain amount before i get the tin tac? much i can do to imrpove the finances in the mean time? (im not in a tranfer window, so cant sell)
Reply 1283
Klose...

(if you've seen this before, its because ive posted it around lol)
Reply 1284
domisakin
Klose...

(if you've seen this before, its because ive posted it around lol)

He's a legend, he is ;yes; I wish he really did play for Man Utd :biggrin:
Reply 1285
Dalimyr
He's a legend, he is ;yes; I wish he really did play for Man Utd :biggrin:

Be careful where you say that lol. I uttered those fatal words in the Man Utd forum, and was practically beaten to a pulp...
Reply 1286
domisakin
Be careful where you say that lol. I uttered those fatal words in the Man Utd forum, and was practically beaten to a pulp...

Why? He's easily better than Louis ****ing Saha

Anyway, I've started a new game and got offered a job at Marine for the season, with the rather daunting task of making sure the newly-promoted side avoid relegation from the Conference North....I've lost my first two games in charge (though one was against the team in third, and the other was a cup game against a team in the Conference National, neither of which I was expecting to get anything from) and find myself in the relegation zone...unless I get some new players in, I don't fancy my chances ;no;
Reply 1287
Dalimyr
Why? He's easily better than Louis ****ing Saha

So true
Dalimyr

Anyway, I've started a new game and got offered a job at Marine for the season, with the rather daunting task of making sure the newly-promoted side avoid relegation from the Conference North....I've lost my first two games in charge (though one was against the team in third, and the other was a cup game against a team in the Conference National, neither of which I was expecting to get anything from) and find myself in the relegation zone...unless I get some new players in, I don't fancy my chances ;no;

Nothing beats the excitement of a good relegation dog fight :wink:

On another note, has anyone gotten a good 2+ seasons into the new patch? Im curious to see how Cem Sultan and Dalla Valle turn out. Screenshots would be nice...:biggrin:
domisakin
So true

Nothing beats the excitement of a good relegation dog fight :wink:

True, staying up with Barnet in league one after just being promoted was much more enjoyable than all the trophies i won easilly with Arsenal :biggrin:

The clubs balance is still in minus figure (around 200k) was around 500k at one stage but the board kept injecting more cash to sort it out lol, my squad is massive but no one wants to buy any of the players i want to sell :/
Reply 1289
is there any way in the game to give money to your team? im a manage who was at man utd for 3 years on a nice salery, but if i drop down to a lower league, any way i can give some money that i have to them? or is the salery given in the game pointless because we cant use it unlike in the other manager game?
Reply 1290
You could buy a player from the team you plan on managing for a stupidly high fee.
Reply 1291
chooka
is there any way in the game to give money to your team? im a manage who was at man utd for 3 years on a nice salery, but if i drop down to a lower league, any way i can give some money that i have to them? or is the salery given in the game pointless because we cant use it unlike in the other manager game?

Salary you're given has no effect on gameplay that I'm aware of...loading up a lower-league team with cash sort of defeats the purpose of LLM, anyway :s:
Reply 1292
I thinks its fair to say theres a little confusion surrounding the question itself...
Reply 1293
domisakin
I thinks its fair to say theres a little confusion surrounding the question itself...

I think I get what he's talking about. When you sign a contract to become a manager at a club, you're given a choice of wages that you earn, right (this is on top of the choice for the transfer budget and player wage cap)? Well, in some lesser management games (FIFA Manager does it...a crappy old thing called Football Limited also did), you get the chance to spend your wages on things like new houses and cars and rubbish like that which has **** all to do with football management at all :s:
Reply 1294
Dalimyr
I think I get what he's talking about. When you sign a contract to become a manager at a club, you're given a choice of wages that you earn, right (this is on top of the choice for the transfer budget and player wage cap)? Well, in some lesser management games (FIFA Manager does it...a crappy old thing called Football Limited also did), you get the chance to spend your wages on things like new houses and cars and rubbish like that which has **** all to do with football management at all :s:

:laugh: makes sense now (lol)

Imagine that, a mass collabo. FM with Sims, buildd your own bachelor pad with your wages. FM with Total War, fight the good fight on behalf of the fans. FM with Pro Evo, enough said. Though unrealistic, the possibilities are endless! :rolleyes:
Reply 1295
domisakin
FM with Pro Evo, enough said..

That would rock.
Reply 1296
decola
That would rock.

True....keep dreaming, though :frown: It'll be years before FM goes 3D, and it probably won't be PES-quality, either...
Reply 1297
Dalimyr
True....keep dreaming, though :frown: It'll be years before FM goes 3D, and it probably won't be PES-quality, either...

I quite like FM in 2D, FM in 3D would probably be the death of my computer :eek:

Anyway, on the FM2007 front, I just found this guy in my youth system. Didn't even notice him, but looks like he's been there since he was 16. He's not the best physically, but has all the mental and technical attributes to be a fantastic defender :biggrin:
Reply 1298
I have this guy in my 'C' team, his technical stats are orgasmic (and I'm sure the mental and physical will improve :biggrin: ) and he's scoring for fun in the youth league.

I also nicked this guy from Barca a season ago too, he's amazingly good and will only get better (not to mention being able to play any position on the left naturally).
Reply 1299
decola
Didn't even notice him, but looks like he's been there since he was 16. He's not the best physically, but has all the mental and technical attributes to be a fantastic defender :biggrin:
His physical stats aren't THAT bad...he may not be strong, but he's got a bit of speed and looks like he'd handle himself perfectly well defending corners and the like :wink:

Jsuper
his technical stats are orgasmic (and I'm sure the mental and physical will improve :biggrin: ) and he's scoring for fun in the youth league.
£55 a week for him?! You jammy bugger :hmpf:

he's amazingly good and will only get better (not to mention being able to play any position on the left naturally).
Very nice (I repeat: You jammy bugger :hmpf: :p:)...but 6 aggression and averaging a yellow card once every 3-4 games? How hard is your tackling? :s: