The Student Room Group

Moving sixth form

I just don't want to go to my current sixth form anymore (I know it's ridiculously late but it's worth a shot) I was wondering if it would be at all possible to move sixth forms now, (I live in London if that helps)
Reply 1
You'll have to contact these other sixth forms. I doubt they'd be too keen to take you a term in, there's way too much you'd have to make sure you've caught up on, but you can at least try and see of they're willing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
YESYESYES. Don't make my mistake.... I went to the same Sixthform (leading up from my high school) but I hated it to begin with, and everyone was like "don't worry it'll get better" etc. But it didn't o.o I'm now in A2 and regret not moving so much...

My advice to you, is depending on how well you think you can manage to handle the stress of catching up with new modules and exam boards, then move without a second thought (figure of speech) but on a serious note, do a lot of research into the sixthform, like their percentage of students who get top grades in bio for instance, or percentage of students who get into oxbrige or medicine or whatever.

Feel free to PM me and good luck
Original post by shuheb789
I just don't want to go to my current sixth form anymore (I know it's ridiculously late but it's worth a shot) I was wondering if it would be at all possible to move sixth forms now, (I live in London if that helps)

I moved from my old sixth form to a college halfway through my A-levels, three weeks into term.
Just ask around the sixth forms, email them I suggest, and see what they say. If they're willing to accept you, go for it, but it might disturb your studies a little.
Reply 4
It's worth a try, but if it's really terrible and you can't find anything else this late, it might be worth repeating year 12 instead.
Reply 5
Original post by R Dragon
YESYESYES. Don't make my mistake.... I went to the same Sixthform (leading up from my high school) but I hated it to begin with, and everyone was like "don't worry it'll get better" etc. But it didn't o.o I'm now in A2 and regret not moving so much...

My advice to you, is depending on how well you think you can manage to handle the stress of catching up with new modules and exam boards, then move without a second thought (figure of speech) but on a serious note, do a lot of research into the sixthform, like their percentage of students who get top grades in bio for instance, or percentage of students who get into oxbrige or medicine or whatever.

Feel free to PM me and good luck

You say you're in the A2 year and regret moving earlier even more, why? You could have moved at the end of year 12?
Original post by Xscape
You say you're in the A2 year and regret moving earlier even more, why? You could have moved at the end of year 12?

Yep, I genuinely regret not moving... well I guess I was persuaded by my peers and teachers. I got 3A's and 2 B's which I was happy with. Everyone was saying "just put up with it for another year" and after a while, it was too late to move ;__;

But things do actually get MUCH better in year 13 :P

Still would've liked to go elsewhere
Original post by shuheb789

hi there :smile:

trust me it wont work and im talking from experience. i started in a sixth form college in september and didn't enjoy it there, spent 4 weeks looking for somewhere else but no one was taking me in especially since i wanted to do a levels and not a btec, so i had no choice but to call my secondary school sixth form and cause its so small (around 25 of us) they took me in. i hate it here but i had no choice i just have to bare it for a year. the best thing you could do know is apply to other places quick and early, thats what im doing. but make sure you tell someone cause you never know they could help you.

hope this helps :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest