The Student Room Group

Terror suspect escapes wearing a 'Burqa'

Been reading this since the morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24805294

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
poor timing (or good depending on your view)

But once again a Muslim ****ing it up for their fellow Muslims who will still try and blame everyone else for their ills
To be honest, the news bringing something like this up was inevitable after the Niqab debate, because the latter revolves around the Niqab being a threat to national security, and since there were no instances of it having been a threat in any way, it was astutely realised that such an instance must be created if the Niqab ban were to have any support. And there you have it, very nicely done.
Reply 3
Original post by originaltitle
To be honest, the news bringing something like this up was inevitable after the Niqab debate, because the latter revolves around the Niqab being a threat to national security, and since there were no instances of it having been a threat in any way, it was astutely realised that such an instance must be created if the Niqab ban were to have any support. And there you have it, very nicely done.

See, told you, blame everyone but your fellow muslim.
Original post by PopaPork
See, told you, blame everyone but your fellow muslim.

Yes, and why not? Everybody out there is already blaming my fellow Muslim. Should I take their side against his and pitch in?
If the news was anything to be relied on, I wouldn't take this stance.
The Quran wisely tells us to verify news before we accept it lest we harm somebody wrongly: http://quran.com/49/6
Should be banned. I dont know why more wantet criminals dont use them. Even peados could use them to get close to children.
Hold on. So the Mosque assisted him with handing him a Hijab to escape in? i am not surprised. Religion has a 'us over them' mentality. It only teaches you to either convert, subjugate or preach to others so they become like you, yet speaks nothing about condoning the ills/issues caused by followers of your own faith.

Religion = Totalitarianism
Reply 7
Oh dear, the EDL are going to have a field day
How do they know it was him?
I call BS
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9

So what you're saying is, people have raised security concerns in the past and now you don't like it because those concerns have been proven correct, right?

If you think our timid politicians will actually act on this then you're even dafter than your post suggests.
Reply 10
Yes, and why not? Everybody out there is already blaming my fellow Muslim. Should I take their side against his and pitch in?
If the news was anything to be relied on, I wouldn't take this stance.
The Quran wisely tells us to verify news before we accept it lest we harm somebody wrongly: http://quran.com/49/6

You should blame the person who does the wrong in the first place

not blame everyone else

So you blame everyone else before blaming the Muslim because of something the Quran says

I don't think that is correct
Reply 11
Original post by techno-thriller
How do they know it was him?

Simple in out principle

If you 100 people going in uncovered and 99 come out uncovered and 1 covered

we'll it's simple really when you think about it
I hope burqas get banned soon :frown:
Original post by PopaPork
You should blame the person who does the wrong in the first place

not blame everyone else

So you blame everyone else before blaming the Muslim because of something the Quran says

I don't think that is correct

I'm not laying any blame on anybody, much less 'everybody'. All I'm doing is being skeptical, and with good reason, considering the history of the media with Islam.
Also, I find it very queer that an instance so much like the one the part of the British public that's pro banning the Niqab was pining after sprung up so soon. One would think the authorities who arranged for such a thing to happen would have been a bit more discreet, but alas.
Reply 14
I'm not laying any blame on anybody, much less 'everybody'. All I'm doing is being skeptical, and with good reason, considering the history of the media with Islam.
Also, I find it very queer that an instance so much like the one the part of the British public that's pro banning the Niqab was pining after sprung up so soon. One would think the authorities who arranged for such a thing to happen would have been a bit more discreet, but alas.

it was astutely realised that such an instance must be created if the Niqab ban were to have any support. And there you have it, very nicely done.

So in this quote from you 'who' are the people who created this?

AS I said your a Muslim so you will blame anyone and everyone other than your fellow Muslim

once a victim always the victim:rolleyes:
Reply 15
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Hold on. So the Mosque assisted him with handing him a Hijab to escape in? i am not surprised. Religion has a 'us over them' mentality. It only teaches you to either convert, subjugate or preach to others so they become like you, yet speaks nothing about condoning the ills/issues caused by followers of your own faith.

Religion = Totalitarianism

Do tell me where it says that :rolleyes:

Some Mosques have a womans area like the An-Noor Masjid mentioned in the article does, usually there are always spare clothing their for use, e.g. headscarf and other clothing for temporary use you know if a woman requires it. Not to mention that some have shops within them and sell books, clothing etc.

Also why should anyone who's Muslim apologise for the actions of others? It makes no sense, that I apologise for someone else's wrongs just because we share the same faith.
I guess that means white people should apologise for colonialism, etc right? :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
What I don't understand is why the Judge imposed anonymity in this case, can anyone clear this up for me? Why shouldn't we know who the police are looking for and could potentially pose a threat to us? To be fair to May :heart: she go to court to get it lifted
(edited 10 years ago)
What a coward. Another reason why it should be banned.

I've witnessed a robbery on a jewellery store by 5 men dressed in Burkas who were all later arrested.
Original post by Maid Marian
I hope burqas get banned soon :frown:

What? For this reason? I'm sure more terror suspects have escaped in cars. Let's ban cars too? :confused:
Original post by Savvy Sage
What? For this reason? I'm sure more terror suspects have escaped in cars. Let's ban cars too? :confused:

Partly, but mainly because they just look damn scary. They make people look like grim reapers :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest