how can i make sure circumcision is illegal in UK Watch

This discussion is closed.
ansermyquestion
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I see the NHS do not really advise it and they ban female circumcision. So that is good but I would like to make it so that male circumcision is banned. How can I make sure this happens?
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
It has health benefits.
It won't get banned.
WGR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Jews are too powerful in this country it will never happen.
WGR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by techno-thriller)
It has health benefits.
It won't get banned.
Chopping your arm off has health benefits; you can't ever break it again.
Hummi_C
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WGR)
Chopping your arm off has health benefits; you can't ever break it again.
:facepalm:
DanieleRosato
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Religion is virtually untouchable I'm afraid, so as long as it is connected to a religious practice, people will continue to pussy-foot around the subject and claiming it is "insensitive" to criticize a religious practice, no matter what it is.
Machop
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Absolutely nothing wrong with circumcision at all, it is a perfectly legitimate surgical procedure that can be conducted for a variety of purposes that is not neccessarily exclusive to religion and in fact it is way more hygienic. An uncircumcised penis is pretty nasty imo.
Flauta
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can't. Female circumcision is completely different and there's no evidence to suggest it has any beneficial effects at all, whereas male circumcision can apparently help to reduce risks for cancer/infections. I do however think that male circumcision shouldn't be performed at birth, the man should come to a mature decision and consider the advantages and disadvantages rather than his family make the decision.
ansermyquestion
Rep:
?
(Original post by DanieleRosato)
Religion is virtually untouchable I'm afraid, so as long as it connected to a religious pracitce, people will continue to pussy-foot around the subject and claiming it is "insensitive" to criticize a religious practice, no matter what it is.
I will make it my lifes work to stop this from happening around the world

I have already saved some children by convincing people not to get their child circumcised.
ansermyquestion
Rep:
?
(Original post by Machop)
Absolutely nothing wrong with circumcision at all, it is a perfectly legitimate surgical procedure that can be conducted for a variety of purposes that is not neccessarily exclusive to religion and in fact it is way more hygienic. An uncircumcised penis is pretty nasty imo.
So many males encounter problems with their circumcision I speak to people every day who have to live with unnecessary problems

It is a really horrible thing to do to a child
Marcum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Flauta)
You can't. Female circumcision is completely different and there's no evidence to suggest it has any beneficial effects at all, whereas male circumcision can apparently help to reduce risks for cancer/infections.
Preventative mastectomies can also help to reduce the risk of cancer, does this mean it is in justifiable to go around cutting breast tissue from people without their permission? :confused:
Flauta
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Marcum)
Preventative mastectomies can also help to reduce the risk of cancer, does this mean it is in justifiable to go around cutting breast tissue from people without their permission? :confused:
Did you ignore the final part of my post?
DanieleRosato
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ansermyquestion)
I will make it my lifes work to stop this from happening around the world

I have already saved some children by convincing people not to get their child circumcised.
Really? Wow that's pretty impressive and I respect you highly for that.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it should be illegal to chop something off you before you have any idea of what you are loosing. If you want to do it when you can make a rationale choice then sure.
WGR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hummi_C)
:facepalm:
gr8 comeback m8
WGR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Machop)
You can't. Female circumcision is completely different and there's no evidence to suggest it has any beneficial effects at all, whereas male circumcision can apparently help to reduce risks for cancer/infections. I do however think that male circumcision shouldn't be performed at birth, the man should come to a mature decision and consider the advantages and disadvantages rather than his family make the decision.
So many Jews on thisw board. The issue isn't so much the effects of it because it hasn't been proven to be harmful but rather the ethics of it; Is it right to remove someone's body parts for no urgent medical reason without their consent? If a family asked their doctor to remove their baby's little toe because hey just thought it would look better he doctor would refuse so why is removing the foreskin any different.

I did say it hasn't been proven to be harmful but it does reduce sensation during sex. This is another reason for banning the practice.
Marcum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did you ignore the final part of my post?
I acknowledge the final part of your post, I was just confused as to why the post seems to view it as acceptable to mutilate the body of a male but not that of a female. My post was challenging this, by the way, do you believe mastectomies should be as justifiable, and undertaken as widely, as circumcision because of the supposed 'benefits' of such procedures?
Flauta
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WGR)
So many Jews on thisw board. The issue isn't so much the effects of it because it hasn't been proven to be harmful but rather the ethics of it; Is it right to remove someone's body parts for no urgent medical reason without their consent? If a family asked their doctor to remove their baby's little toe because hey just thought it would look better he doctor would refuse so why is removing the foreskin any different.

I did say it hasn't been proven to be harmful but it does reduce sensation during sex. This is another reason for banning the practice.
1) I'm not a Jew.
2) I said that the man should decide to have it removed, not his family. Why are you trying to preach to me when I'm agreeing with you?
pjm600
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ansermyquestion)
I see the NHS do not really advise it and they ban female circumcision. So that is good but I would like to make it so that male circumcision is banned. How can I make sure this happens?
Talk to your mp and ask them whether they think surgical procedures, not medically required, should be carried out by medically unqualified people on babies, with the parents consent.
MJ1012
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If me parents had me circumcised as a child due to their ​religious beliefs, I'd be really pissed off.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.81%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (137)
17.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.16%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.81%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.68%

Watched Threads