Bath Spa University
Bath

Bath Spa 2014 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Othelo
You are way ahead of me! lol

Im not even sure of my first choice yet, Ive not been to Bath :/

Well if you're heading over for the Admissions Day on Tuesday, maybe you'll like it! It has Paris weather rather than bog weather.
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 81
Original post by WeeMeghann
Well if you're heading over for the Admissions Day on Tuesday, maybe you'll like it! It has Paris weather rather than bog weather.

Lol that's certainly a plus. It isnt hard to get fed up of drizzle and grey!

Just out of interest, what age are all you guys? Im 23.
Original post by Othelo

I'll be 23 when I start in Sept! yay I thought I was going to be the only one! haha, are any of you going to the open day tomorrow??:smile: I'm heading over from Belfast
Reply 83
Original post by SarahRosemary
I'll be 23 when I start in Sept! yay I thought I was going to be the only one! haha, are any of you going to the open day tomorrow??:smile: I'm heading over from Belfast

Jesus, 3 hallions from Norn Iron, it's great! Naw Ill not get over 'til after Easter unfortunately :frown: Be sure to give me your opinion though, Id be very interested to hear what you think!

Ill be comin from Belfast as well.

PS. Which campus will you lot be based at?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SarahRosemary
Awh that's wonderful thanks petal. I know I'll have to catch up on a few things to get up to speed with the other second years so it's great to know how helpful the tutors are. I'm so excited to go see everything next week. Yeah I can get a place in halls, I was just wondering if other second years stay in halls or do most just opt for rentals? and if maybe renting would be better for me. I have heard about the new fancy halls though, which would be wonderful! Honestly thank you for all your help :smile: I'm sure we'll see each other in September, I definitely owe you a drink :smile:

It's great to hear you can get a room in halls if you choose to, and the tutors will most definitely help you to settle in! :smile: I know it's very difficult and a little worry is good, but don't be too worried, be excited :biggrin: I think most second years will be in rented houses, but there are loads of people in halls who are 20/21/22 etc who are in first year. The age ranges vary a lot and you don't notice the differences in age at all really! I'll take you up on that drink!
I've got conditional offers for both Film and Screen Studies
and Film, Television & Digital Production. Any one else applied for these courses?
Original post by Othelo
Jesus, 3 hallions from Norn Iron, it's great! Naw Ill not get over 'til after Easter unfortunately :frown: Be sure to give me your opinion though, Id be very interested to hear what you think!

Ill be comin from Belfast as well.

PS. Which campus will you lot be based at?

Hiyaaa. Sorry this is the first time that i've actually used this website so i'm not even sure if I'm doing things right. I saw a few messages and don't know how to catch up on previous ones, but none the less I thought I'd join in. I have chosen Bath Spa for definite, and i'll be studying English Literature. :smile:
Reply 87
I am have applied is anyone doing art related subjects?
applied for Contemporary Arts Practice
Reply 88
Has anyone put Bath as their insurance choice? If so... What do we do about housing lol?! I know we aren't offered rooms in halls so is it just up to us to find private accommodation, separate from anything the uni offers, in and around Bath Spa?
Reply 89
I think I'm going to firm Bath Spa to do English Lit! I'm stuck between there and University of Kent, but Bath is a way better city for me and the campus is gorgeous! Plus I'm a sucker for a fab music scene and I've heard Bath/Bristol are great for music :tongue:
Reply 90
Original post by mollymaee95
I've got conditional offers for both Film and Screen Studies
and Film, Television & Digital Production. Any one else applied for these courses?

Hi :smile: I've firmed Film, Television & Digital Production and have Creative Media Practice as my insurance choice, which course are you thinking about choosing?
Original post by ecrosby
Hi :smile: I've firmed Film, Television & Digital Production and have Creative Media Practice as my insurance choice, which course are you thinking about choosing?

I'm leaning towards Film and Screen studies :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by Parrisvallender
Hiyaaa. Sorry this is the first time that i've actually used this website so i'm not even sure if I'm doing things right. I saw a few messages and don't know how to catch up on previous ones, but none the less I thought I'd join in. I have chosen Bath Spa for definite, and i'll be studying English Literature. :smile:

Nice! Congratulations!

Welcome to the thread. You just need to click the numbers 1,2,3 etc down the bottom right there to see the respective pages :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by rachael___
I think I'm going to firm Bath Spa to do English Lit! I'm stuck between there and University of Kent, but Bath is a way better city for me and the campus is gorgeous! Plus I'm a sucker for a fab music scene and I've heard Bath/Bristol are great for music :tongue:

This is good news!
Reply 94
Original post by Othelo

17, just going in to Uni straight after school. I'll be 18 in August though! Just in time to enjoy some pubs and things :smile:

Woo! Congratulations! I've firmed Bath Spa for English Lit too :biggrin: I'm from Northern Ireland so I was so surprised when I went over. The campus is like a home from home and the city is like something out of a book. Instant love.

I think you're making the right choice because you'll be living there for three years so having a city you really love is always a huge plus. Were you at the admissions day last Tuesday (I think)? :O
Reply 95
17, just going in to Uni straight after school. I'll be 18 in August though! Just in time to enjoy some pubs and things :smile:

No Guinness for you! :P

You'll have a brilliant time though, no doubt. Did you go to the admissions day by any chance? If so, what did you like/dislike about it?
Reply 96
Were you at the admissions day last Tuesday (I think)? :O

I went to the one last Wednesday! It was so nice :smile: Where else did you apply?
Reply 97
Original post by Othelo
No Guinness for you! :P

You'll have a brilliant time though, no doubt. Did you go to the admissions day by any chance? If so, what did you like/dislike about it?

Not yet anyway :P

I did! I absolutely loved it. I loved how beautiful the campus and the city are. And how great the teachers are. And how affordable the accommodation is. The only things I didn't like were how small the SU is but that's okay since it's getting done up, so that basically removes all the problems. It really is my dream Uni. Buses go once every 10/15 minutes to the Uni if you're living off site which is a big change to what I'm used to down in Fermanagh (Literally. To get home from school, you can get the quarter to 4 bus or the twenty to 7 bus...) and once you're in the city, pretty much everything is within walking distance!

However, another mild thing is that they don't have a local Asda or Tesco but if you club together and get it delivered it removes the problem :P

General Uni worries as well like, money and cost of housing next year and having to choose house mates in the first two months! :O

I went to the one last Wednesday! It was so nice :smile: Where else did you apply?

What did you think of the EngLit course? :biggrin:
Stirling and two other places that I under applied for just so I could get an unconditional to go to Uni for definite. I'm bad like that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 98
What did you think of the EngLit course? :biggrin:
Stirling and two other places that I under applied for just so I could get an unconditional to go to Uni for definite. I'm bad like that.

Ahh cool! I liked it, it doesn't seem as good for me as the one at Oxford Brookes though :s-smilie: I'm literally the worst at decisions, still agonising over which to firm. It's getting crazy stressful :frown:
Reply 99
This site has no rating

Ahh cool! I liked it, it doesn't seem as good for me as the one at Oxford Brookes though :s-smilie: I'm literally the worst at decisions, still agonising over which to firm. It's getting crazy stressful :frown:

I'm sure you'll make the right choice whatever you choose <3 Don't stress too much or forget to look after yourself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending