The Student Room Group

Text transformation help! (Gatsby)

Hey all, I have to do the text transformation coursework and my chosen base text is The Great Gatsby, for my style model I have chosen Plath's Ariel but I'm really struggling to kick things off.

My current idea is to write a few poems from Daisy's point of view as she despairs in wait of Gatsby coming back for her but cant really think of anything to write about.

Any help or ideas would be grand! (style model isn't set in stone either, open to suggestions!)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by wilsamacgilsa
Hey all, I have to do the text transformation coursework and my chosen base text is The Great Gatsby, for my style model I have chosen Plath's Ariel but I'm really struggling to kick things off.

My current idea is to write a few poems from Daisy's point of view as she despairs in wait of Gatsby coming back for her but cant really think of anything to write about.

Any help or ideas would be grand! (style model isn't set in stone either, open to suggestions!)

But surely Daisy doesn't really love Gatsby the way he loves her. You could subtly hint at this.
Reply 3
I'm doing the exact same coursework. A2 right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Talk about exactly how Daisy sees Gatsby (an object of wealth and financial security) and also link it with Plath's The Applicant, mentioning how women are expected to be married, showing a patriarchal society. Hope this makes sense to get you started :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending