Hunger feeling in throat?

Watch
blossomx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Wasn't sure where to post this so mods feel free to move this. Thanks. )

I'm doing 24 hour fasts quite often just to trial intermittent fasting and see how I find it. I've inadvertently been doing this for a week now which I know is terrible but it just happened accidentally.

I had a decent sized lunch at 1pm with the intention of fasting until around 10am tomorrow (would have gone until 1pm but I have classes 11-4). I was feeling a little hungry earlier but that's gone now. Instead I now have this hunger feeling in my throat and chest. It's like a light pressure. I've never experienced this before and when I Google'd it some stuff came up about it being 'true' hunger however it was all from the same dr so I was sceptical to believe it so I thought I'd ask here.

Also obviously only eating on normal sized meal a day is terrible and it wasn't ever my plan to do that (before I get all the 'starvation mode' stuff haha). Is anyone else here doing intermittent fasting if so how many days fasting are you doing a week? I'm wanting to lose weight and my lifestyle is going to be pretty sedentary the next few months unfortunately.

Thanks.
Cucurbita
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's your body telling you to EAT, obviously. What on earth are you playing at? Go eat a proper meal right now you silly girl.
blossomx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cucurbita)
That's your body telling you to EAT, obviously. What on earth are you playing at? Go eat a proper meal right now you silly girl.
ok, will do. I haven't been starving myself and purposely doing long fasts it was only because last week was half term and I got in late most days, ate dinner and then went to bed. but I understand how it comes across as if I'm forcing myself to eat one tiny meal a day or something lol.
chr1s5opher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's not " true hunger " or even hunger, feelings of being hungry pass in about 15 minuites.
If you dont eat for ages you dont just stay hungry, your body gets hungry then when you don't starts using up its internal energy ie fat and you dont feel hungry anymore
Maybe you need winding

Also just because she has been doing 24hr fasting dosent make her silly, Having 2/3 low/0 calorie days a week and then eating what you want on the others is a pretty good way to diet and has some scientific backing of actually being quite healthy, Obviously as long as when you do eat your eating the right things.

You shouldnt fast or not eat at all thats unhealthy, Instead Have 2 days in a row where you consume 500 calories or less but only with very healthy foods and then the next day eat a normal 1500 calories. Fasting will only make you put on more weight when you eat because if your body goes into starvation mode then when you finally do eat it will hold onto every single calorie possible, its like an extreme version of yo-yo dieting.
blossomx
Rep:
?
(Original post by chr1s5opher)
It's not " true hunger " or even hunger, feelings of being hungry pass in about 15 minuites.
If you dont eat for ages you dont just stay hungry, your body gets hungry then when you don't starts using up its internal energy ie fat and you dont feel hungry anymore
Maybe you need winding

Also just because she has been doing 24hr fasting dosent make her silly, Having 2/3 low/0 calorie days a week and then eating what you want on the others is a pretty good way to diet and has some scientific backing of actually being quite healthy, Obviously as long as when you do eat your eating the right things.

You shouldnt fast or not eat at all thats unhealthy, Instead Have 2 days in a row where you consume 500 calories or less but only with very healthy foods and then the next day eat a normal 1500 calories. Fasting will only make you put on more weight when you eat because if your body goes into starvation mode then when you finally do eat it will hold onto every single calorie possible, its like an extreme version of yo-yo dieting.
Thanks. I appreciate you saying that I'm not 'silly' as that was a little patronising haha. Oh okay, that sounds like a good technique of having 2 days restricted and then 5 days normal.

Thank you.
Cma21112
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you know why this is happening? I have thr same issue!! Help
Sambamthewham
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is called true hunger. Hunger pains in your stomach are more withdrawal from unhealthy eating. This almost pulling sensation in your throat and mouth is accurate body triggered hunger. Youre ok, apparently its hest to let your body tell you when you need to eat, through true hunger, and not toxic hunger
funk controller
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Starvation mode is ********, unless you don’t eat for weeks you won’t feed off your muscle and organs.

Find out how much you're eating in the whole week, the weekly calories is more important than daily. Make sure this number comes out to something healthy.
(Original post by Cucurbita)
I feel like I’m starving to death when i cut weight, yet I still eat enough to sustainably lose fat and get stronger.
vxtrul
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
not accurate you need to keep track on daily calories since your body doesn’t wait a week to see how many calories it digested all week. it mainly happens when you sleep. also if you go on a low calorie diet and work put a lot the reason you lose fat itself faster is because your body has to use water and other minerals from the fat stored in your body while you work out. that’s why you lose weight
Dperns
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello i am having this exact feeling for 5 days now. I hate it i thought i was really hingey but when i eat a lot, i still feel the hunger. Im going crazy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads