The Student Room Group

Sciences Po application/interview

I realize there was a similar thread from last year, but I wanted to see if anyone else is applying to Sciences Po this year.

If I am lucky enough to make it to the interview stage, are there any tips? I've heard it is easier for international students to get in, is this true?

Also, what campuses are you other applicants applying to? I think I'm applying for the Europe-Afrique program in Paris and also Menton, although I might switch for Reims.
Reply 1
Hi! I'm applying to Reims as my first choice and Le havre as my second. Have you submitted your application yet? I submitted mine and my first interview date is for the 2nd, but do you have any idea when they'll reply informing you about the interview?
I hope I make it to that stage too. best of luck to both of us. :smile:
Reply 2
I haven't applied yet, but I think I will in the next couple weeks. On the language section, I couldn't find a part for native English speaker. It just had 2 years of study or test. How did you get around that?

I'm not exactly sure when they will inform people. But it probably can't be too long because of how soon the interviews start.
Reply 3
I ticked the two years of study in English and then got a letter from my school counsellor waiving my TOEFL/IELTS tests. I think you can do the same. I asked one of the admissions heads about this and she said it was cool.
Reply 4
I think you guys are discussing undergraduate applications. Anyway I have applied to sciences Po for masters in international development!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by coolbeans95
Hi! I'm applying to Reims as my first choice and Le havre as my second. Have you submitted your application yet? I submitted mine and my first interview date is for the 2nd, but do you have any idea when they'll reply informing you about the interview?
I hope I make it to that stage too. best of luck to both of us. :smile:

Hi, coolbeans95. I am currently applying to Le harve. May I know what stage you are in now?
Reply 6
I'm applying for that same program! I haven't submitted my application yet, but I wanted to know how long you had to wait to hear a response from science po?
Reply 7
I just applied yesterday with a first choice of the Paris Campus and a second choice of the Menton one. They say on the application they'll have it done in about 5 weeks.
Reply 8
I'm an American applying for Menton (first choice) or Dijon (second choice).

After submitting my application in late October, I had to send in additional documents. Last week I received an email stating that I have been declared "admissible" and will be invited to an interview shortly.

Good luck to everyone who has an interview coming up!
Original post by k_angie
I think you guys are discussing undergraduate applications. Anyway I have applied to sciences Po for masters in international development!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey , I'm currently working on my international development application! Did you get an offer from them in the end? Could you give me some advice on my application, hoe you structured your personal statement, what GPA you had and so on? How long was your personal statement etc...Would really appreciate it!
I am studying political science (where I have a good GPA) and economics (not so good hehe ) in Vienna. I studied one Semester in Paris at Paris Dauphine, can speak fluently german, english and french besides my mother tongue and have done 3 internships (UNESCO, Romanian Embassy and the Austrian Institute for International Politics. )
Reply 10
Original post by sponge_phara
Hey , I'm currently working on my international development application! Did you get an offer from them in the end? Could you give me some advice on my application, hoe you structured your personal statement, what GPA you had and so on? How long was your personal statement etc...Would really appreciate it!
I am studying political science (where I have a good GPA) and economics (not so good hehe ) in Vienna. I studied one Semester in Paris at Paris Dauphine, can speak fluently german, english and french besides my mother tongue and have done 3 internships (UNESCO, Romanian Embassy and the Austrian Institute for International Politics. )

Hello :smile:

Well yes I have been admitted to Sciences Po. Got my offer in mid Dec as I had applied in November. As for your questions, my personal statement was about 900 words where i described my academic, professional experiences along with that I emphasised on my short and long term goals and finally mentioning why I was interested in doing the course. Though I just wrote i think only 5 lines as to why I want to do the course at Sciences Po. This is because I have heard that they are more keen on as to why you chose the course and how your background fits in rather than the praises of their institute. So keep that in mind.
As for GPA, the university where I did my under-graduation didn't conform to GPAs but gave out percentages and mine was amongst the top 5. Along with that I had done 3 internships as well as volunteered in other places. The fact that I had spent my childhood staying in different parts of my country too helped.

Your profile seems wonderful and i wish you good luck with your application. If you have any more questions, pls feel free to PM me anytime. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Thank you so much Angie! So it took them between 4-5 weeks to get back to you? I will write you again should I have further questions!
Best from Vienna
Hi! I have applied to the Menton Campus for September 2016, and have been invited to an interview, do you have any tips on how I should prepare for this? Thank you!
Bonjour! Hello!

I applied to Sciences Po Reims undergraduate programme (Euro-American) and I was pre-selected. Now I am waiting for invitation to attend the interview.

It would be nice to know students from Sciences Po, especially Reims.
BTW. I would be grateful if You share with me several tips about interview procedure: how it goes, how to prepare, how to impress the jury, what is the most important during the interview? Could you share with me several examples of articles to be presented during the interview?

Merci beaucoup! Thank you very much!
Hiya, my uni has nominated me for an Erasmus exchange with Sciences Po for 2016/2017 and they're now asking me for a motivational letter and CV in French - does anybody know what the guidelines for this are? Struggling to find any useful information online! Thanks :smile:
Reply 15
hello :smile: Are the interviews for Sciences po reims and Sciences po havre carried out in english only ?

Quick Reply

Latest