Girls (or girlfriends) wearing short skirts

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I was out recently with a group of friends. We saw one of my friend's girlfriend at the club too. She was wearing this really short dress (barely covered her a*se and she occasionally flashed when sitting down etc.)

It annoyed my friend that she (a usually non-****gy girl) would go out dressed like this.

I can kind of see where he's coming from but does he really have any right to be annoyed?:confused:
mosmof
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
yeah i do know what you mean... i just thank my lucky stars my gf doesn't go out like it

i think it only adds to getting unwanted attention...
ChocoCoatedLemons
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
As long as she wasn't trying to pull some guy by wearing it, he doesn't have the right to be mad.
russellsteapot
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I couldn't really care less how someone else dresses. I suppose some tightly-wound/jealous/possessive types (of either their own partners, or on behalf of their friends) are bothered by it, but I myself am not.

So based on my own personal code of morals and whatnot, he seems a bit whiney. But I suppose anyone has the right to be annoyed by whatever they want. I'm annoyed by E4, for example, but some people still watch it.
ironandwine
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
If annoys me when people who have nothing to complain about, complain.

Who cares? If you don't like the way some girls dress then hey, good news, you don't have to date them.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by ironandwine)
If annoys me when people who have nothing to complain about, complain.

Who cares? If you don't like the way some girls dress then hey, good news, you don't have to date them.
Yeah that's kind of what I thought. I could understand where he was coming from but couldn't see why it would annoy him so much
username945458
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
She isn't much of a girlfriend if she wears clothing that she knows will upset him
That said its her life and her choice and at the end of the day she's with him.
Shereen1997A
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
No he doesn't have the right to be mad the girl can wear it the way she wants he doesn't own her plus the only reason most guys don't like there girlfrends wearing stuff like that is that there scared of her going off with another guy cos there to insecure.
SuziieB
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
It depends. If she is wearing it just for the sole purpose of attracting someone, other than her boyfriend then that sounds wrong to me. And isn't that usually the reason??

Unless of course, you genuinely enjoy wearing clothing like that then I do apologise. I don't understand why though, its uncomfortable and you have to constantly be worrying about not flashing in public, and be careful when walking. Also, wearing extra short skirts and dresses in winter is ridiculous. It just seems like such a hassle to go through if you're genuinely not trying to attract other men.

Nothing wrong with looking nice. Wearing skirts are nice and pretty. But come on! Skirts of that miniscule length really only serves one purpose!

Just my two pence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spongebob'sPants
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yup, id say he has a right to be annoyed.
tillytots
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was out recently with a group of friends. We saw one of my friend's girlfriend at the club too. She was wearing this really short dress (barely covered her a*se and she occasionally flashed when sitting down etc.)

It annoyed my friend that she (a usually non-****gy girl) would go out dressed like this.

I can kind of see where he's coming from but does he really have any right to be annoyed?:confused:
so she's basically now a **** because she wore a short dress? sorry what?

fair enough it was done to solely attract guys, but short dress doesn't always mean that.
b3ff
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
How can he be annoyed because his girlfriend is wearing what she wants and what she feels comfortable in? Surely if he trusts her she will ignore any guys hitting on her? And let's be honest, if a guy is gonna hit on her, he's gonna hit on her regardless of the length of her skirt. Everyone has different taste in fashion, she might have just really liked the skirt. Sometimes people DO dress for themselves, believe it or not, and not for other people. Also way to go calling girls who wear short skirts "****gy". Damn.
there's too much love
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SuziieB)
It depends. If she is wearing it just for the sole purpose of attracting someone, other than her boyfriend then that sounds wrong to me. And isn't that usually the reason??

Unless of course, you genuinely enjoy wearing clothing like that then I do apologise. I don't understand why though, its uncomfortable and you have to constantly be worrying about not flashing in public, and be careful when walking. Also, wearing extra short skirts and dresses in winter is ridiculous. It just seems like such a hassle to go through if you're genuinely not trying to attract other men.

Nothing wrong with looking nice. Wearing skirts are nice and pretty. But come on! Skirts of that miniscule length really only serves one purpose!

Just my two pence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. No it is not.
Thank you for reading minds. You're clearly very good at that. I mean, unless you're just making assumptions about other people.
SophiaKeuning
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

He has no right to be annoyed. No right whatsoever.
SuziieB
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by there's too much love)
No. No it is not.
Thank you for reading minds. You're clearly very good at that. I mean, unless you're just making assumptions about other people.
Oh not you again. :hmmm:

Really? Maybe its just me but there's only one reason that I would make myself so uncomfortable and cause myself so much discomfort by wearing something that short and that is to look as attractive as possible.

Tell me then, oh fountain of all knowledge why you would wear an outfit that short. I'm actually curious :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
MissDavies
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I don't understand why people think that girls dress like that just to attract men. What's wrong with still wanting to look attractive when you're in a relationship? When you have a boyfriend does that mean you should just give up trying to look sexy? Most women dress to impress other women anyway, not men.
there's too much love
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SuziieB)
Oh not you again. :hmmm:

Really? Maybe its just me but there's only one reason that I would make myself so uncomfortable and cause myself so much discomfort by wearing something that short and that is to look as attractive as possible.

Tell me then, oh fountain of all knowledge why you would wear an outfit that short. I'm actually curious :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Missing the point. I might not wear short skirts. You might only wear them for a certain reason.

OTHER PEOPLE CAN HAVE THEIR OWN REASONS.

What is it with you and not being able to realise that the way you do things/think about things isn't the same as other people.

Then you wonder why I call you an egomaniac?
syrettd
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Just Another Girly)
She isn't much of a girlfriend if she wears clothing that she knows will upset him
That said its her life and her choice and at the end of the day she's with him.
My first boyfriend was Muslim and restricted what I wore. I was a very good girlfriend to him, but I refused to stop wearing my favourite clothes when he wasn't around. I like to go swimming, but wasn't allowed to wear a bikini. That's just not practical. I can't wear jeans and a jumper in a swimming pool. In my opinion (and if I could warn my younger self of anything) someone is not much of a boyfriend if they get seriously upset over their girlfriend's clothing.

Obviously there are some exceptions to this, if the clothes are revealing anything they shouldn't, like they are prone to nip slips or something.
stargirl63
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I wouldn't tend to go out in an overly short skirt anyway, because I know that I wouldn't be able to sit down properly without flashing someone and generally it's a bit uncomfortable. I know some girls that can rock a short skirt very well and can manoeuvre themselves in a way that means no one sees anything. I think they boyfriend would have something to be angry about, because to be honest, it's fine if she wants to wear it and it's her choice, but coming from him there's things that you don't want other people to be seeing. Even if I was her friend, I would still make a mental note to tell her maybe she shouldn't wear that skirt again. Unwanted attention and gives the wrong impression.
Freier._.lance
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
The girls on this thread who all seem ok with it and are defending the girl must be extremely young to think this is Ok behaviour in a relationship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
9.84%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (2)
1.64%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.56%
Finding the motivation (33)
27.05%
Getting distracted (16)
13.11%
Procrastination (50)
40.98%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.82%

Watched Threads