carpe.noctem
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
so i am doing the human biology IGCSE exam in january and i am self teaching it to my self , the exam is only a few months a way and i am finding the content a lot to remember , does anyone have some tips ? who else is doing or has done this course ? , its the edexcel exam board and is very similar to the IGCSE in biology but just no plants and more human body and does anyone have some revision techniques ? or some ways i can remember the content ?

thank you
MarkProbio
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Just write the key definitions down as many times as possible and learn what the syllabus requires. The more you write the more you remember and biology is all about memory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
carpe.noctem
Rep:
(Original post by MarkProbio)
Just write the key definitions down as many times as possible and learn what the syllabus requires. The more you write the more you remember and biology is all about memory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks alot
faiths_watcher
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hi there, I am doing IGCSE Human biology in Jan too! Its how I stumbled across your post. Couple of tips although you may have done this already. Go to edexcel, download the past papers and the answer booklets. If you can, print them out, it might be a lot but its been a great help to me. Also print out the specification. Most of my revision has been going over the specification and ticking off what i know like the back of my hand and what stuff im shaky on. Another random tip, put aside some time each week to sit down with a friend or family member and use the specification to explain and teach human biology to them using nothing but your memory and the specification. They might not be that interested but they dont really need to be listening lol, its more for your sake anyway. It makes you aware of what you know and what you need more work on. It is a lot of information as you said, and i really hate science (its why im having to re do it in the first place) so I'm finding it difficult too. However I've found great comfort in doing the past papers and checking my mark against the boundaries as I'm still gettng over a C. Remember, you do not need to get 100% to get an A*. In fact to get a pass grade C it is roughly only 50% of the marks in the exam! Good luck!!
carpe.noctem
Rep:
(Original post by faiths_watcher)
Hi there, I am doing IGCSE Human biology in Jan too! Its how I stumbled across your post. Couple of tips although you may have done this already. Go to edexcel, download the past papers and the answer booklets. If you can, print them out, it might be a lot but its been a great help to me. Also print out the specification. Most of my revision has been going over the specification and ticking off what i know like the back of my hand and what stuff im shaky on. Another random tip, put aside some time each week to sit down with a friend or family member and use the specification to explain and teach human biology to them using nothing but your memory and the specification. They might not be that interested but they dont really need to be listening lol, its more for your sake anyway. It makes you aware of what you know and what you need more work on. It is a lot of information as you said, and i really hate science (its why im having to re do it in the first place) so I'm finding it difficult too. However I've found great comfort in doing the past papers and checking my mark against the boundaries as I'm still gettng over a C. Remember, you do not need to get 100% to get an A*. In fact to get a pass grade C it is roughly only 50% of the marks in the exam! Good luck!!
thank you so much , my paper 1 is on jan the 8th and my paper 2 is on jan the 10th wbu ?
carpe.noctem
Rep:
(Original post by faiths_watcher)
How did you find the exam
Emmafox87
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hi guys, I am studying Igcse human biology with ICS to hopefully get into uni as I only had a D in school how are the exams? I'm hoping to do the exams next June. I'm going through the material at the moment and it's all an awful lot to take in. Are many of the questions multiple choice like in some of the test papers?
carpe.noctem
Rep:
Altogether 10 marks are always multiple choice but I would say the best revision is path paper's like I remember doing past papers over and over again until I got an a star which helped me so much because questions are very similar and you get to see how stuff like the eye are repeated every year
Emmafox87
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Fab thank you! How do I get the test papers marked or did u just go through the answers yourself?
fatima1245
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'm I'm doing my igcse exams on may this year Im really scared I'm scared i might get a panic attack and my mind goes blank and I need to upgrade my grades in exams now do u have any tips for it how u should prepare Imyself telly scared how should I prepare any advice 😢😢😢😢
username2888406
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fatima1245)
I'm I'm doing my igcse exams on may this year Im really scared I'm scared i might get a panic attack and my mind goes blank and I need to upgrade my grades in exams now do u have any tips for it how u should prepare Imyself telly scared how should I prepare any advice 😢😢😢😢

Try to visualise the exam going well, preparing yourself well with some good revision will give you confidence that you'll do well. Don't allow yourself to think negative thoughts or dwell on what might go wrong, be positive! I'm writing the Human Biology IGCSE in May too, I've prepared some flash cards to help with my revision, I'll be starting past papers soon and making sure I mark them so I can identify any gaps in my knowledge. I've also compiled some youtube videos to help with my learning and understanding. The videos are not all specifically for the particular paper we're studying but they've helped me to understand concepts. I've shared the links below as you might find them helpful. Good luck, you can do this, be positive!

Flashcards:
https://quizlet.com/smilingwombat/folders/42613860/sets

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SophiaWinters/playlists

Past papers:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials
fatima1245
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
that was such a great help thankyou x
Ahmedmh246
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys does anyone has the student book of human biology edexcel PDF
Rawantaher000
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Is anyone here taking human bio tomorrow?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (62)
65.96%
No (25)
26.6%
I didn't use it to prepare (7)
7.45%

Watched Threads