Do you put revision stuff all over your bedroom wall?? Watch

Infinity_4652
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm thinking of doing it, but i was wondering if it's really worth it?

If you have done it, could you post a picture of your bedroom wall?

Thanks in advance!

letsbehonest
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No. Ain't nobody got time for that
Infinity_4652
Rep:
?
(Original post by letsbehonest)
No. Ain't nobody got time for that
But why??
contradicta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Waste of time, you think you will look at it but you never do. I have a few french verb tables on my wall barely even glance at them even tough they are up in my face.
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by contradicta)
Waste of time, you think you will look at it but you never do. I have a few french verb tables on my wall barely even glance at them even tough they are up in my face.
this. plus mine kept falling off lol!

it didn't help me very much bu thats just me. might work for you
Joanna-Marie :)
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When I'm coming up to an important exam I go a little OTT with revison notes and cover the house in them! Previously, I've covered my bedroom walls, TV stand, wardrobe and desk. I've put them in the kitchen on the bread bin, fridge door, cereal box and at eye level in the fridge. I put them on the back of the bathroom door and on the bathroom mirror and I even laminated one and put it on the shower wall.

Then everytime I've walked past them or been stood near them I've made a point of reading or trying to remember some of the information. I think it helped as I got 85% and 76% on my exams but it was a pain to get them all down again! :P ahaa
Infinity_4652
Rep:
?
Oh great, this is really bad. I thought everyone does it.
anonymouspie227
Badges: 19
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Infinity_4652)
Oh great, this is really bad. I thought everyone does it.
Try it out op, just because it doesn't work for everyone doesn't mean it won't work for you! I know some people who do that and get amazing results, and some who do that and don't. I think I might try it out (the posters and posticks on the wall) in addition to my normal written notes!
Infinity_4652
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joanna-Marie :))
When I'm coming up to an important exam I go a little OTT with revison notes and cover the house in them! Previously, I've covered my bedroom walls, TV stand, wardrobe and desk. I've put them in the kitchen on the bread bin, fridge door, cereal box and at eye level in the fridge. I put them on the back of the bathroom door and on the bathroom mirror and I even laminated one and put it on the shower wall.

Then everytime I've walked past them or been stood near them I've made a point of reading or trying to remember some of the information. I think it helped as I got 85% and 76% on my exams but it was a pain to get them all down again! :P ahaa
So far, you're the only person who says it's helpful.
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, in a folder instead!
imjustrach
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do - mostly near exam time though and it's all sticky notes because I remember small snippets of information easier. I also colour code depending on subject but that's just me being paranoid :P
Poppylocks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I usually do during the run up to the exam. At one point I had summaries of everything I had to know for a history exam and it did help me as it was at the side of my bed and I always read some of it when I was by it. At the moment I've got the Mrs Van Der Tramp verbs and a ton if irregular verbs up on my wall in bright colours near where I usually sit and once again it's helping me to learn them. Post-it notes are good too, you can write facts on them and leave them places where you will see them at some point like on your door. Give it a try, it might work for you
Infinity_4652
Rep:
?
(Original post by imjustrach)
I do - mostly near exam time though and it's all sticky notes because I remember small snippets of information easier. I also colour code depending on subject but that's just me being paranoid :P
I will defo try it some time this week.

(Original post by Poppylocks)
I usually do during the run up to the exam. At one point I had summaries of everything I had to know for a history exam and it did help me as it was at the side of my bed and I always read some of it when I was by it. At the moment I've got the Mrs Van Der Tramp verbs and a ton if irregular verbs up on my wall in bright colours near where I usually sit and once again it's helping me to learn them. Post-it notes are good too, you can write facts on them it and leave them places where you will see them at some point like on your door. Give it a try, it might work for you
What level of french are you doing?? I'm doing AS level.
username945458
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah but only key words

Posted from TSR Mobile
Poppylocks
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing national 5 which is the equivalent of int 2/credit
Infinity_4652
Rep:
?
(Original post by Poppylocks)
I'm doing national 5 which is the equivalent of int 2/credit
Oh, i have no idea what that is. Where abouts are you studying?
Poppylocks
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Scotland
Infinity_4652
Rep:
?
Cool.
Joanna-Marie :)
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Infinity_4652)
So far, you're the only person who says it's helpful.
It does depend on how you learn - plus I know alot of the people in my cohort that covered the house too but then put little effort into actually reading the info they had displayed so it was a pointless exercise!
yepyepyep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I put stuff on my wall but I never read it tbh- it's not helpful unless you write out the notes yourself before sticking them up.
What I did find effective though, was putting notes in places where I would go to procrastinate. So I stuck some on my laptop lid and made a rule that I couldn't open the lid to use the laptop until I'd read through them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (225)
67.57%
No (108)
32.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed