The Student Room Group

Business Undergraduate- Bath vs Durham, King's College vs City

Hi! I am applying for Business Management/ Business as an Undergraduate Student. I have already chosen Edinburgh, Exeter and St Andrews, but I'm having a hard time choosing between Bath and Durham, and King's College and City. My predictions are A*AB.

Bath is closer to London (where I live), and is a great uni, but only has 60 places to offer with loads of competition, while Durham is easier to get into (as far as I know), but seems very boring to me (no good towns nearby). At least Bath has Bristol not far away.

King's has a much better reputation that City, and the people at City did not look like great students despite the fact that the course is considered to be one of the best there.

What do you think? I need urgent advice!

Thanks!
Reply 1
What did you end up choosing?
Reply 2
dvm
OP
Original post by MRayanS
What did you end up choosing?

In the end I have applied to Edinburgh, King's College London, St Andrews, Bath, and Exeter. I've received offers from Edinburgh and St Andrews but have not heard from the other three so far.
What about you?
Reply 3
Contgrats I hear these are great ! I applied To Bath, Lancaster, King's College, Exeter and Loughborough.
Got into Exeter but haven't heard from the rest yet :frown:

Original post by dvm
In the end I have applied to Edinburgh, King's College London, St Andrews, Bath, and Exeter. I've received offers from Edinburgh and St Andrews but have not heard from the other three so far.
What about you?
Reply 4
dvm
OP
Original post by MRayanS
Contgrats I hear these are great ! I applied To Bath, Lancaster, King's College, Exeter and Loughborough.
Got into Exeter but haven't heard from the rest yet :frown:

Thanks! Nice, I've heard loads of good things about Exeter! What offer did you get?
Strange how Exeter still hasn't replied to me despite them receiving my fees questionnaire back in December (on the 12th, to be precise). Either way, I'll just have to wait!

What is your first choice?
Reply 5
Original post by dvm
Thanks! Nice, I've heard loads of good things about Exeter! What offer did you get?
Strange how Exeter still hasn't replied to me despite them receiving my fees questionnaire back in December (on the 12th, to be precise). Either way, I'll just have to wait!

What is your first choice?

Oh I guess you will have an answer soon as the deadline was 4 days ago.. I got a conditional offer of AAB (I actually go to french school, it's the equivalent of 14/20)
My first choice is definitely BATH, then it's between lancaster and King's (if I ever get in) but I have no idea about the rest. I'll just wait for their replies until I make my decisions. Let m know whenever you get an offer from the rest of the unis.
And what course did you pick btw? what offers from Edinburgh and st Andrews?
Reply 6
dvm
OP
Original post by MRayanS
Oh I guess you will have an answer soon as the deadline was 4 days ago.. I got a conditional offer of AAB (I actually go to french school, it's the equivalent of 14/20)
My first choice is definitely BATH, then it's between lancaster and King's (if I ever get in) but I have no idea about the rest. I'll just wait for their replies until I make my decisions. Let m know whenever you get an offer from the rest of the unis.
And what course did you pick btw? what offers from Edinburgh and st Andrews?

Really? I haven't heard anything about that deadline. Anywhere I can read about it? Pretty scary, actually!
Nice, congrats!
Sure thing, I'll let you know.
I picked Business and Management for all my universities. The thing is, and this may really surprise you, that I'm leaning towards picking Edinburgh as my first choice because of the amazing life and the great international reputation of the uni. It just sounds like a great university and I want to go to a place that's very well known internationally.
I got a BBB and an additional B in AS Maths offer from Edinburgh and St Andrews asked for a AAA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending