Taraxoxo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi! Does anyone have any ideas for my GCSE English Language speech? It has to be 5 mins long, and most of the girls in my class are doing a variation of Anorexia. I would like to do something a bit more original, and slightly funny. Problem is it's hard to write a funny speech. Maybe Reality TV? Has anybody any ideas? Thanks
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
amelimoo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Umm you could talk about young carers, whether the royal family is still relevant today, Uk myths true and false, does the UK really have talent, whether its right that everyone has to stay in education until they reach 16 in the uk, exam stress and its effects anything really. I got an A in mine when I spoke about young carers.
Taraxoxo
Rep:
?
Thanks for your replies, I've written something quite decent about Reality TV, hope it goes OK
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We each got topics last year - I did 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' and drew ideas from that :3
Taraxoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
We each got topics last year - I did 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' and drew ideas from that :3

That's a good one! Thanks! My teacher's about to hear about 15 speeches on eating disorders
GeekChicc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Under-age drinking seems relevant to our society, particularly to the people who are listening to this speech. I also had to do this last year and I did euthanasia which turned out very successful.
lily_grainger
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did my speeches on The demise of Haute Couture in the 21st Century and The Influence of Coco Chanel on the Image of the modern woman and the feedback I got was that you need to have an essence of argument and persuasion in and there has to be some kind of depth. You are probably best choosing something that's relevant and in the news or something you are really passionate about. If I could redo mine I would do it on the new Barbie Dolls that are in "human proportion" and argue that it wasn't needed as children don't look to Barbie as a role model as most adults seem to believe, Good Luck <3
glrjktgoj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
grest
Freddiereft
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Gay
victortheepic
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
nice
El Patron
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did terrorism for mine. I still remember most of it off by heart thats how many times I revised it! I got full marks
xlucy_harperx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im about to do mine also and i was wondering if the speech needs to be mainly on facts and a non-biased factual speech or a speech with key facts but also a strong sense of your opinion??? Also im going to do it on the disclosure prodject and im worried everyone is going to laugh at me how were your audiences ???
Summer111
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi i want to talk about terrorism too but I'm not sure i can fit it into 5 minutes can i have a look at your speech?
Summer111
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
does anyone happen to have their speech that they can share because i need some inspiration
bamz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do you mind showing me what you did. I have the same idea
bamz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by El Patron)
I did terrorism for mine. I still remember most of it off by heart thats how many times I revised it! I got full marks
do you mind showing me what u did i have the same idea
El Patron
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bamz)
do you mind showing me what u did i have the same idea
I gave a brief explanation of terrorism 'Terrorism, in its broadest sense, is defined as the use of violence in order to achieve a political, religious or ideological aim'

Then I went on to talk about how terrorism strives upon media coverage in order to be successful.

I think I talked about the deaths terrorism has caused and spoke briefly about the effort to combat terrorism

I would send you the powerpoint I used but sadly its on my old school computer and I dont go to that school for sixth form

Good luck, message me if you need any further help regarding this!!
bamz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
still need some help. im not really great at speeches
I gave a brief explanation of terrorism 'Terrorism, in its broadest sense, is defined as the use of violence in order to achieve a political, religious or ideological aim'

Then I went on to talk about how terrorism strives upon media coverage in order to be successful.

I think I talked about the deaths terrorism has caused and spoke briefly about the effort to combat terrorism

I would send you the powerpoint I used but sadly its on my old school computer and I dont go to that school for sixth form

Good luck, message me if you need any further help regarding this!!
caitlynrobertsxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

hi there, please could you give me some topics to discuss I'm doing terrorism but to sure how to start it?

thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (15)
40.54%
I really love the subject (12)
32.43%