Best friend is cheating on her boyfriend! Watch

Cookie06
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So my best friend since childhood has been going out with this guy for nearly a year now, but I found out recently that she's been cheating on him with other guys. I don't know what to do? Should I tell her boyfriend? Or should I let it go? I told her to come clean with her boyfriend about her disloyalty but she said that she won't do that. Her boyfriend is sweet and a great friend to me, it hurts to see her leading him on when she know it's going to hurt him bad. Any advice would be good.
I'veGotAHadron
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tell him. He deserves to know.
Cookie06
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by I'veGotAHadron)
Tell him. He deserves to know.
I'm the only person that know about this, if he goes confronting her she'll obviously know its me who snaked on her. I don't want to lose her friendship either :s
Ameliapond
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do it
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Me thinks you won't be best friends for too long after this thread :holmes:
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cookie06)
I'm the only person that know about this, if he goes confronting her she'll obviously know its me who snaked on her. I don't want to lose her friendship either :s
Why?
VelvetFox
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can he not say that a friend of his saw her with somebody else? (Does she cheat on him when she's out in public pulling people in clubs etc, or is she more discrete about it?)

Also it says you found out she was cheating- are you 100% sure? I wouldn't risk their relationship or either of your friendships unless you're deadly sure.
Spongebob'sPants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, this is a tricky one.

I'd be so disappointed if my close friends acted this way.

I guess it depends on your relationship with your best friends boyfriend. Are you two actually close? Are you genuine friends with him also?

If so, then as a friend to him, you do have some sort of duty and loyalty.

If he is just someone you know because of your best friend, then it becomes more difficult to make that judgement call.

Morally, yes, he has a right to know.

If you do tell him, you'd be ending your friendship with your friend.

I suggest that you keep on talking with your best friend and keep on trying to convince her to stop cheating on her boyfriend. Don't just stop cos she brushed you off once or twice.

If you care for her, then you'll keep on pointing out to her that this wrong. Hopefully the message gets through.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, if he is your friend and you plan to stay in contact with him, then tell him.

Otherwise, mind your own business.
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
Mind your own business.
If you were the bf, wouldn't you like to know?

OP, try and talk your friend into confessing or you will do it. It's just not fair on the bf and whilst I assume he hasn't cheated, he doesn't deserve it.
username945458
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tell him but do it anonymously. ......:creep:
GreenOut
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cookie06)
So my best friend since childhood has been going out with this guy for nearly a year now, but I found out recently that she's been cheating on him with other guys. I don't know what to do? Should I tell her boyfriend? Or should I let it go? I told her to come clean with her boyfriend about her disloyalty but she said that she won't do that. Her boyfriend is sweet and a great friend to me, it hurts to see her leading him on when she know it's going to hurt him bad. Any advice would be good.
You're not going to be friends much longer I'm afraid...
desdemonata
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Just Another Girly)
Tell him but do it anonymously. ......:creep:
This.

Also if you found out, doesn't it stand to reason someone else could, and eventually will? Especially if it's with multiple people?

She needs to come clean, because if she doesn't, he'll find out by another means anyway. This kind of thing has a nasty habit of coming out into the open and making trying to hide it bite you on the arse.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
If you were the bf, wouldn't you like to know?

OP, try and talk your friend into confessing or you will do it. It's just not fair on the bf and whilst I assume he hasn't cheated, he doesn't deserve it.
Sure, I would like to know a lot of things.

That is not the dilemma, though.

If she was close friends with the BF then I would understand. However, I doubt that is the case and it is not worth the fallout.
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
Sure, I would like to know a lot of things.

That is not the dilemma, though.

If she was close friends with the BF then I would understand. However, I doubt that is the case and it is not worth the fallout.
Why would you want to be friends with someone who cheats with a lot of guys. I don't like cheaters and I think less of them.
That friendship ain't worth saving but in this particular case, they've known each other since childhood..so a few issues :/
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
Why would you want to be friends with someone who cheats with a lot of guys. I don't like cheaters and I think less of them.
That friendship ain't worth saving but in this particular case, they've known each other since childhood..so a few issues :/
Sure, I agree. I wouldn't be friends with someone like that.

However, I was talking about the mutual friends group fallout. I cannot really be bothered with the drama.
yennibubs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't tell him, but make her tell him herself.
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Surprised by the responses, I think you should always be loyal to your mates, even if they're in the wrong. I've known friends to cheat (though I've never really known the girlfriend), and I've encouraged them to fess up or break up, but never considered grassing.

Also, surprising how many people think she should just break up a friendship over this. Clearly doesn't mean much to some people to be a mate.
yennibubs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mankytoes)
Surprised by the responses, I think you should always be loyal to your mates, even if they're in the wrong. I've known friends to cheat (though I've never really known the girlfriend), and I've encouraged them to fess up or break up, but never considered grassing.

Also, surprising how many people think she should just break up a friendship over this. Clearly doesn't mean much to some people to be a mate.
I couldn't agree more with your post. Every single part of it. Other replies have been surprising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bale90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think you should get involved. But if you want some drama in your life then go ahead and do it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
6.57%
They might tell the bully (22)
10.33%
I don't think they'd understand (36)
16.9%
It might lead to more bullying (74)
34.74%
There's nothing they could do (67)
31.46%

Watched Threads