VISA for SE Asia!

Watch
GH6108
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, been trying todo visas for so long but i keep getting different answers and it's so confusing! I am travelling to SE asia for 4 months in april 2014 with my friend we are flying from sydney into bangkok then spending 29 days there and then travelling to cambodia which you can get a visa on arrival i have heard, right?? you just have to take passport photo's and thats the same for laos too? but you have to get a visa before to go into vietnam? after cambodia we are going to vietnam for a month and then onto laos for just under a month and then back into thailand for 24 days. does anyone know what visa we need to get and how we get it? please help! so stresfful and trying to organise everything as we leave on the 2nd january! thanks!
Hello oh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes Thailand, Cambodia and Laos you can all get a visa on arrival so no stress, just take plenty of passport photos with you. Vietnam you need to apply for beforehand and give them the dates you will be entering and exiting the country, easiest and cheapest way is to wait until you're in Cambodia and go to the Vietnamese embassy in Phnom Penh (or get one of the Cambodian tour agencies to go for you), might take a few days.

Lucky for you as well Thailand has recently changed the rules so that you can stay for 30 days when crossing into the country by land (before it was 15) so you have nothing to worry about.
FactotumOnRye
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cambodia - On arrival (though it's cheaper if you get an e-Visa before you fly!)
Thailand - On arrival (before you could only get on-arrival if you arrived by plane, apparently you can get on-arrival now if you arrive by land as well - double-check it on Google!)
Vietnam - Require visa before arrival however on-arrival is possible but risky. I flew there this summer and there were travel agents online offering 'visas on arrival' which were significantly cheaper than the embassy visas. A lot of people advised against it as a lot of them tended to be scams. However, mine was perfectly fine and I got through with no problems.

General advise: Carry plenty of passport photos! Having visas ready before you fly is always advisable. And use wikitravel but always verify twice the information you find on there or any other travel forum.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (256)
56.89%
I don't have everything I need (194)
43.11%

Watched Threads