Business Management- Bath vs Durham, King's College vs City

Watch
dvm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi! I am applying for Business Management/ Business as an Undergraduate Student. I have already chosen Edinburgh, Exeter and St Andrews, but I'm having a hard time choosing between Bath and Durham, and King's College and City. My predictions are A*AB.

Bath is closer to London (where I live), and is a great uni, but only has 60 places to offer with loads of competition, while Durham is easier to get into (as far as I know), but seems very boring to me (no good towns nearby). At least Bath has Bristol not far away.

King's has a much better reputation that City, and the people at City did not look like great students despite the fact that the course is considered to be one of the best there.

What do you think? I need urgent advice!

Thanks!
Spartz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well in from my knowledge, I believe Bath would be the best place to study business. Their two 6 month placement programme is an invaluable experience which certainly would boost your CV when finding a job.

Obviously in terms of reputation Durham would be up their but I'm not sure if they are renoun for business. Likewise Kings and City are both good unis but I would immediately rule out City.

The decision is up to you, you need to decide what you want to get out of uni not only academically, but socially. Do you want live in London? Do you want to live near Scotland? Or perhaps a quiet but beautiful city like Bath may capture your heart. Go and visit the unis I think that's the best thing to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
dvm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spartz)
Well in from my knowledge, I believe Bath would be the best place to study business. Their two 6 month placement programme is an invaluable experience which certainly would boost your CV when finding a job.

Obviously in terms of reputation Durham would be up their but I'm not sure if they are renoun for business. Likewise Kings and City are both good unis but I would immediately rule out City.

The decision is up to you, you need to decide what you want to get out of uni not only academically, but socially. Do you want live in London? Do you want to live near Scotland? Or perhaps a quiet but beautiful city like Bath may capture your heart. Go and visit the unis I think that's the best thing to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. Bath has a great reputation, and even though Durham is a great uni, its business course is not really a great one. I'd like to access London easily, which makes Bath the best choice, really, as it will only take 1:40 by train, which is fine by me.

Either way, thanks!
Spartz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can I ask your GCSE'S and AS grades please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
dvm
Rep:
?
Yes, my GCSE's didn't go so well- I got A*AAABBBCC, and my AS were as following:

Business- A
Politics- A
French- B
Maths- C (I'll be retaking it)
dvm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spartz)
Can I ask your GCSE'S and AS grades please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, my GCSE's didn't go so well- I got A*AAABBBCC, and my AS were as following:

Business- A
Politics- A
French- B
Maths- C (I'll be retaking it)
smgoel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi
i have got the offers from bath school of management, bristol university, warwick business school and cass business school .I want to pursue masters in management. Being an international student I dont have much idea about universities and their overall ranking. Please help me in deciding the best university .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (95)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.17%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.88%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise