The Student Room Group

Iceland food for wedding reception?

So I am planning a friend's wedding reception and I need some tasty, high quality food for the buffet.

I've decided on buying Iceland's party-based food for the guests: chicken tikka twisters, etc.

However, I am slightly worried it's a bit out of my budget and perhaps somewhat too 'upmarket' for the guests. I don't want people to think I am being a snob with the food selection - needs to be normal, but tasty. But I also want to make a good impression and allow my friend to have a classy wedding, so I am leaning towards Iceland food at present.

Advice/suggestions welcome.
Reply 1
Iceland food..upmarket...

wat
Original post by 2ndClass
Iceland food..upmarket...

wat

It's not exactly Harrod's food department but you would most certainly serve it at business conferences, charity galas, etc. It definitely has a classy-edge about it, which is why I am happy to go over budget.
Iceland? Are you the queen?

Tesco usually sell all their sandwiches for about 20p the night before they go out of date.

I'd suggest swiping them and freezing them for the big day.
Reply 4
Original post by Lady Comstock
So I am planning a friend's wedding reception and I need some tasty, high quality food for the buffet.

I've decided on buying Iceland's party-based food for the guests: chicken tikka twisters, etc.

However, I am slightly worried it's a bit out of my budget and perhaps somewhat too 'upmarket' for the guests. I don't want people to think I am being a snob with the food selection - needs to be normal, but tasty. But I also want to make a good impression and allow my friend to have a classy wedding, so I am leaning towards Iceland food at present.

I really wouldn't advise buying the Iceland platters - they look awful compared to what they show on the boxes.

Also, can't tell if the post is serious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
It's not exactly Harrod's food department but you would most certainly serve it at business conferences, charity galas, etc. It definitely has a classy-edge about it, which is why I am happy to go over budget.

I honestly thought wedding reception food was catered if not atleast bought from waitrose or something? Aren't you supposed to go all out for a wedding? Iceland branded food is like a quid each :s-smilie:. I mean, if you factor in the production cost, delivery and the profit margin, that doesn't leave much for quality tbh.

But each to their own I suppose :dontknow:
I laughed, OP. 6/10.
Reply 7
Original post by snowyowl
I laughed, OP. 6/10.

Damn :facepalm: , well done OP, and I hardly get trolled
Original post by 2ndClass
I honestly thought wedding reception food was catered if not atleast bought from waitrose or something? Aren't you supposed to go all out for a wedding? Iceland branded food is like a quid each :s-smilie:. I mean, if you factor in the production cost, delivery and the profit margin, that doesn't leave much for quality tbh.

But each to their own I suppose :dontknow:

I suppose where one buys food and groceries is subjective as to quality. Personally, I would put Iceland slightly above Waitrose for food quality, presentation, taste, etc. That's not to say I wouldn't buy, say, some pea pods from Waitrose - I'm not that much of a snob lol!

Seriously? got to be a troll...
lmao i was like lmao. Kerry Katona does the Iceland adverts. What about that is upmarket... The place is like a cattle market for the poor.
Original post by uktotalgamer
lmao i was like lmao. Kerry Katona does the Iceland adverts. What about that is upmarket... The place is like a cattle market for the poor.

Don't diss Iceland!
I'd say go for it Op

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by letsbehonest
Don't diss Iceland!

It's like a holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show.
I suppose where one buys food and groceries is subjective as to quality. Personally, I would put Iceland slightly above Waitrose for food quality, presentation, taste, etc. That's not to say I wouldn't buy, say, some pea pods from Waitrose - I'm not that much of a snob lol!

ok now im 100% sure your trolling

before it was about 80% - dont think ive ever heard the phrase quality and iceland in the same sentence
Instead of a wedding cake, have this served:

It's brilliant when you're watching a program where they take big fatties, analyse their diet and lay out all the crap they consume in a week on one massive table which gets a reaction of shock and disgust... then the ads come on and the Iceland ad uses the exact same table of food in their advert.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Egg Militia
Instead of a wedding cake, have this served:

Not going to be replacing the wedding cake haha! Iceland's chocolate layered gateau with French icing, English strawberries and chocolate from Belgium will be acting as the cake (buying several versions for the multiple layers).

The above may be considered as part of the main buffet set, however.

Latest