The Student Room Group

Will a IGCSE allow me to get into university?

Hi all,
was not really sure where to post this topic so if it is in the wrong place i apologise.

I completed my GCSE's in the summer of 2010 however just missed a grade C in English Language. I believe in order to get onto UCAS i need atleast a Grade C in GCSE, is this correct?. I am now looking to start a IGCSE course with ICS learning for English Language can anyone confirm that an IGCSE is equivalent to a GCSE and will allow me to get into university? spoke to someone on the phone at ICS and they said yes however dont know whether they was saying that just to get my £.

The study period for the IGCSE English Language was 12 months however the guy I spoke to said to me if I was to study atleast 8 hours a week I would be able to take the examination in June 2014. Would I be able to start university september 2014 or would I have to wait until september 2015?

I also forgot to mention after I completed school, I went on to college awhere I studied BTEC National Diploma ICT Level 3 with a grade MMM
iGCSE is equivalent to GCSE yes.

However UCAS do not require a C at GCSE english to apply (some people apply with no GCSEs at all).

SOME universities and courses will require this - depending on your choices you'd need to check each individually as to whether it is required.

If you retake a GCSE with results coming out in August then remember that you wont find out if you've passed until a week after the A level results are out. This means that if you miss the grades and get rejected then Clearing will be mostly over for many universities/courses and so you'll have a much higher chance of having a gap year if you miss your offer conditions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending