Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flauta
Hey. You taking AS or A2?

You guys get a higher percentage for performance than we do, no fair :frown:

i'm doing a2 edexcel :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by leveridge96
i'm doing a2 edexcel :smile:

Me too :smile: How're you finding the set works/composition briefs?
Original post by Flauta
Me too :smile: How're you finding the set works/composition briefs?

With the set works , there not too bad apart from the veburn and the wagner which my music class have been using a piano score as well to analyse the harmony as it's so complex!!

Love the composition briefs and been doing the piece to show off your instrument (tenor horn) with piano accompaniment which has been very fun :smile:
Reply 23
With the set works , there not too bad apart from the veburn and the wagner which my music class have been using a piano score as well to analyse the harmony as it's so complex!!

Love the composition briefs and been doing the piece to show off your instrument (tenor horn) with piano accompaniment which has been very fun :smile:

Wow, you've almost finished them then? I've only done the first 5 instrumental works so far, saving the Webern for later, it does look dreadful to analyse :s-smilie:

I'm doing that brief too, found it really hard to choose between it and the circus one though. What're you going to do for your second one, bach chorale?
Original post by Flauta
Wow, you've almost finished them then? I've only done the first 5 instrumental works so far, saving the Webern for later, it does look dreadful to analyse :s-smilie:

I'm doing that brief too, found it really hard to choose between it and the circus one though. What're you going to do for your second one, bach chorale?

At my sixth form we started the analysis for A2 after we came back from study leave in may but i've done a bit extra at home. I got a book though from amazon which has helped with the wagner http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0393954056/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think it's most likely to be a bach chorale or adding a bass line for the technical study
Reply 25
At my sixth form we started the analysis for A2 after we came back from study leave in may but i've done a bit extra at home. I got a book though from amazon which has helped with the wagner http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0393954056/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think it's most likely to be a bach chorale or adding a bass line for the technical study

I see, my music teacher decided he was too busy with summer concerts to teach me so I had to go without until September :tongue: I have the Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun from that range, they're really good
Original post by Flauta
I see, my music teacher decided he was too busy with summer concerts to teach me so I had to go without until September :tongue: I have the Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun from that range, they're really good

Sorry for not posting the A2 bits. Was busy.
Reply 27
Original post by keromedic
Sorry for not posting the A2 bits. Was busy.

'Tis okay, not many people post on here so it's not really that needed until this becomes a burgeoning community of awesomeness.
Original post by Flauta
'Tis okay, not many people post on here so it's not really that needed until this becomes a burgeoning community of awesomeness.

Haha, ok. I've not done my music hw :P
Hopefully I can come up with a 16 bar variation of my original theme later :P
Reply 29
Haha, ok. I've not done my music hw :P
Hopefully I can come up with a 16 bar variation of my original theme later :P

Tut tut :tongue: I'm sure you'll get it done really quickly though. A common pattern with t&v (or at least, from pieces I've seen) is theme then some triplet quavers in var 1 and then some semiquavers in var 2, I tried to do that and then wrote several var 1s in the space of an hour
Original post by Flauta
Tut tut :tongue: I'm sure you'll get it done really quickly though. A common pattern with t&v (or at least, from pieces I've seen) is theme then some triplet quavers in var 1 and then some semiquavers in var 2, I tried to do that and then wrote several var 1s in the space of an hour

Fair enough. Wish me luck :h:. I'm just writing someone a letter now :h:
Reply 31
Fair enough. Wish me luck :h:. I'm just writing someone a letter now :h:

Best of luck, I'm sure it'll be fine. No-one seems to write letters anymore, way to buck the trend :^_^:
Original post by Flauta
Best of luck, I'm sure it'll be fine. No-one seems to write letters anymore, way to buck the trend :^_^:

i KNOW :tongue:. I have some stamps to use and I like the idea of it being more personal :P
Plus..emails are easier to ignore :tongue:
Are u good at intervals?
What exactly do you learn in music A-level? I don't understand it's purpose to be quite frank.

Is it the study of music history? or the study of instruments? or learning how to play instruments?
Reply 34
i KNOW :tongue:. I have some stamps to use and I like the idea of it being more personal :P
Plus..emails are easier to ignore :tongue:
Are u good at intervals?

It's a much nicer way to talk to someone, especially if it's something important.
I think so, never really given it any thought. I get a bit confused after an octave aha
Original post by Flauta
It's a much nicer way to talk to someone, especially if it's something important.
I think so, never really given it any thought. I get a bit confused after an octave aha

Fair enough. I just hope no one else opens the letter o.O
Fair enough :tongue:
What interval is this then?
Reply 36
Perfect fourth :wink:
I have found you, Andy! (Alga here :wink: )
How's everyone's compositions going?
Reply 37
Fair enough. I just hope no one else opens the letter o.O
Fair enough :tongue:
What interval is this then?

Is the letter about what I think it's about? I might have confused you with someone else.
Yeah, a perfect fourth, I can usually do the simple ones like that

Original post by am-mtj
Perfect fourth :wink:
I have found you, Andy! (Alga here :wink: )
How's everyone's compositions going?

I was never lost, but hey :tongue: It's great, doing a theme and variations and about halfway through it. How's your string quartet?
Original post by Flauta
Is the letter about what I think it's about? I might have confused you with someone else.
Yeah, a perfect fourth, I can usually do the simple ones like that

Tell me ur secret Andy!
Reply 39
Tell me ur secret Andy!

I'm really lucky because I'm pitch perfect, so I'm usually alright telling simple intervals. Bit cheaty I know :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending