The Student Room Group

Songs you misheard the lyrics to

What songs did you mis-hear the lyrics for when you first heard it? The funnier the better :biggrin:

I'll start:

Super Trouper (ABBA) - Original lyric - When I called you last night from Glasgow
I heard - When I called you last night from Tesco
A song called Fortune Teller by The Musgraves. My friend thought they were saying "Gonads, Gonads, fortune teller" bu they said "Go ask, go ask the fortune teller"

And the song Freak Show by Set it Off says "I lost my self in make believe" and I thought it was "I lost my self in Maple leaves"

Or in Exterminate, Regenerate by Chameleon Circuit, they said "We both carry the fire that has the power to end life" and I thought it was "We both carry the file that has the power to ignite"
Reply 2
Fallen Leaves by Billy Talent, my friend misheard 'fallen leaves on the ground' as 'I threw spaghetti on the ground'.
She decided she liked her version better and sang it the entire time we did our food shopping.
"It's too late to apologise"

i thought it was "it's too late to call the jive"

It's ridiculous as that doesn't even make sense but i thought the dude was saying how it's now to late to start a jive (As in the american dance) :curious:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
"Karma karma karma karma chameleon" became "become a 'come a 'come a comedian" :facepalm:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by CasualSoul
"It's too late to apologise"

i thought it was "it's too late to call the jive"

It's ridiculous as that doesn't even make sense but i thought the dude was saying how it's now to late to start a jive (As in the american dance) :curious:

That's so cute :rofl:
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
That's so cute :rofl:

:colondollar:

looooool :biggrin:
Reply 7
:colondollar:

looooool :biggrin:

My little sister asked me how I know when it's bedtime, the other week, and I think I might have found her an answer I like - when it's too late to do the hand jive :awesome:
(edited 10 years ago)
My little sister asked me how I know when it's bedtime, the other week, and I think I might have found her an answer I like - when it's too late to do the hand jive :awesome:

awww :h::

haha! oh gosh :rofl:
Reply 9
awww :h::

haha! oh gosh :rofl:

Anyway, I obviously don't know because I'm up at 3:30 :doh:

'Night :wavey:
Anyway, I obviously don't know because I'm up at 3:30 :doh:

'Night :wavey:

hahaa sam but I'm not tired :colone:

Good night :biggrin:
Reply 11
hahaa sam but I'm not tired :colone:

Good night :biggrin:

Me either but TSR is quiet tonight :dontknow:
Me either but TSR is quiet tonight :dontknow:

LOL
Hold on let me take a look
hmm there seems to be decent discussions in Relationships and also a bit going on in the Chat threads form what I can see in the homepage ..although you might have already commented on those :redface: Oh there is also a TSR party :rofl:
Reply 13
LOL
Hold on let me take a look
hmm there seems to be decent discussions in Relationships and also a bit going on in the Chat threads form what I can see in the homepage ..although you might have already commented on those :redface: Oh there is also a TSR party :rofl:

Party? :teeth:
Party? :teeth:

haha

well you could soft of say that..

the thread is 'who would you invite to a TSR party"

so not really a party haha sorry to get your hopes up :giggle:
Reply 15
haha

well you could soft of say that..

the thread is 'who would you invite to a TSR party"

so not really a party haha sorry to get your hopes up :giggle:

Oh. Is the OP Kiss? I think I'm on the first page on there. That was ages ago!
Bringing me old news -- TSR must really be quiet :lol:
Oh. Is the OP Kiss? I think I'm on the first page on there. That was ages ago!
Bringing me old news -- TSR must really be quiet :lol:

Let me have a look :awesome:

LOOOL yeah the OP is kiss :rolleyes:

I didn't actually click on it since I requested a ban from the chat, relationship and advice on every day issues thread :colondollar:

Hmm it doesn't seem as quite as any other night to be honest.

How about "the luckiest moment of our lives" thread or "Megathread EAstenders:aetsch:" ahahaa
Reply 17
Let me have a look :awesome:

LOOOL yeah the OP is kiss :rolleyes:

I didn't actually click on it since I requested a ban from the chat, relationship and advice on every day issues thread :colondollar:

Hmm it doesn't seem as quite as any other night to be honest.

How about "the luckiest moment of our lives" thread or "Megathread EAstenders:aetsch:" ahahaa

You lack that much self-constraint that you needed to request a ban? :lol:

Ohhhh. Fun! :rolleyes:
You lack that much self-constraint that you needed to request a ban? :lol:

Ohhhh. Fun! :rolleyes:

Haha I know it is rather ridiculous. When I used to see other people asking for bans I was like wtf just don't go on it! But a lot of the time I will come on here to do something and then on the side bar I will see an interesting thread and then end up clicking on it saying "oo let me just look at this for a second" ..yeah you know the rest :rolleyes:

so it was just easier to get banned from them as I don't spend time scrolling through then - well I don't even click on them now butthey were the three that I used the most

LOOOL
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest